The Student Room Group

Thinking of switching college.

I'm thinking of switching college as the other college I applied to for a backup plan (in case I had not got the right grades). After getting my A level results I found I can continue to Year 13 while I just got my English Language resit result which used to be a 3 and now is a 6.

I can continue my study at this sixth form and try to go university the following year or, go to the college I applied as a back up of which they seem to offer more than where I am currently going as they offer a student union, 12 week teacher training course, as well as allowing me to do three A levels instead of doing BTEC(s) which I am currently studying.

I'm concerned whether if I do move college will it affect my university application when I'm in year 13. I'm not planning to go to the big universities like Oxford and Cambridge (obviously) yet; I'm thinking of going either Brunel University or, London South Bank University. I have got till the 4th September to decide.
Reply 1
I forgot to mention I am currently studying BTEC level 3 Business (double), and Cambridge Technical (single), while if I switch college I can study Business, Law, Sociology, and my forth subject is currently in consideration which I'm also planning to study either History, or a level 3 BTEC (in the final year) which will transfer my assignments from college I'm at the moment to the one I could move too.

The college offers a student union, Teacher training 12-week, accounting work experience. I also had to check if this college offers an EPQ, (which they do thankfully), but I don't know what else this college offers in qualification wise.

I am currently thinking of Studying BA (Hons) in Finance and Accounting at either LSBU or Brunel.

Quick Reply

Latest