Advanced Higher Mathematics 2018/2019

Watch this thread
KrisMel
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Good luck to everyone sitting the 2019 exam. This thread will probably become active in the lead up to prelims and the final exam. Use this thread to ask any questions or problems that you have and I'm sure someone (me or others) will gladly give you a helping hand.

EDIT- UNOFFICIAL MARKING SCHEME
Last edited by Labrador99; 3 years ago
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KrisMel)
Good luck to everyone sitting the 2019 exam. This thread will probably become active in the lead up to prelims and the final exam. Use this thread to ask any questions or problems that you have and I'm sure someone (me or others) will gladly give you a helping hand.
:wavey: Thanks for making this thread!
Lucyy26
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hello! I am sitting advanced maths this year
Razza2000
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
hi, me too
calculus has dried my brain beyond repair 😂😂
KrisMel
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Razza2000)
hi, me too
calculus has dried my brain beyond repair 😂😂
The calculus can be very tricky sometimes. Is there anything that is maybe troubling you?
Razza2000
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Not anything in particular, it's just a hard topic to get around.
Bazzybob
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Can I get a little help with this question? it's a binomial theorem one

(n )
(n-2) =45, solve for n. it is a positive integer.

The brackets are all just one big bracket, I'm bad at formatting.

I always get to n^2-n+90=0 but can't get any further because all my answers will be complex numbers. Thanks for reading.
johnproctor99
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
http://mathshomework.pbworks.com/f/A...%20Hw%2010.pdf

Can anyone help me with all of question 2 please?
Attached files
Razza2000
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Name:  image-73eb512e-8a52-4f7b-b75e-9ef2daf584963970196943849236488-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 370
Size:  51.0 KBName:  image-e68e1b13-d52a-47b5-8428-57d57f337fe23654085572699792838-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 344
Size:  33.6 KB
Razza2000
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I think... if you need me to explain anything then let me know.
my z has a cross in it and 2 doesn't btw:-)
Razza2000
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bazzybob)
Can I get a little help with this question? it's a binomial theorem one

(n )
(n-2) =45, solve for n. it is a positive integer.

The brackets are all just one big bracket, I'm bad at formatting.

I always get to n^2-n+90=0 but can't get any further because all my answers will be complex numbers. Thanks for reading.
The equation is meant to be n^2-n-90=0!
Missed a negative...so I got that n=10
username4301878
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
If anyone's struggling with calculus I recommend watching 3Blue1Brown's Essence of Calculus series on youtube, there's a lot of great visualisations of the meaning of the derivative, integral etc
A_Ch
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Name:  Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 22.22.28.png
Views: 270
Size:  383.4 KBcan someone please help me find a solution to this question, I am really stuck. Thanks.
johnproctor99
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  112.9 KB
Question 5...
I have got the first quadratic root and it is z^2-10z+26, assuming it is correct, how do I get the last root? And how do I plot an Argand diagram?
_nim1
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by johnproctor99)
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  112.9 KB
Question 5...
I have got the first quadratic root and it is z^2-10z+26, assuming it is correct, how do I get the last root? And how do I plot an Argand diagram?
Sorry no idea... that question was in my math Prelim and I honestly wanted to cry 😭
_nim1
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
How’s everyone studying for maths? And any tips? I did really bad in the Prelim and idk how to get my grade up 😬
cna1806
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nimota)
How’s everyone studying for maths? And any tips? I did really bad in the Prelim and idk how to get my grade up 😬
I got 67% in my prelim which is okay. Just fire through past paper questions and learn the marking schemes and make summary notes and answer questions using your own personalised notes.
Lucyy26
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cna1806)
I got 67% in my prelim which is okay. Just fire through past paper questions and learn the marking schemes and make summary notes and answer questions using your own personalised notes.
I got 67% too! Well done
cna1806
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lucyy26)
I got 67% too! Well done
Well done! Were you happy with your result?
Lucyy26
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cna1806)
Well done! Were you happy with your result?
Yeah I was, I wasn't really sure how I'd done when I came out of the hall but I was happy with a B. What about you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (63)
68.48%
In the post (3)
3.26%
Text (13)
14.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
14.13%

Watched Threads