The Student Room Group

Medicine? Yeah. University? Perhaps (Yes, another GYG)

:run:Welcome to my GYG!:run:

So who am I?
Name is Rick on the net, but secret on the back.
Probably from the title you're realized what my career path is, Medicine.
That's right, another dude doing Medicine.
I realized doing a GyG will actually ensure I'm on top of what I'm doing, because from experience, year 12 was not how I intended it to be.

What be the purpose of this GyG?
No clue. Just saw bunch of people making it and wanted to join. I'll do regular updates on how my studies go, and what my goal is for each week, and hopefully this GyG does more good than bad.

Let's get down to the statistics then.

GCSEs: (gonna be spoiler because of reasons)

Spoiler

A-Levels:

Spoiler

AS-Levels:

Spoiler

Predicted Grades:

Spoiler

Universities under consideration:

Spoiler

Personal Goals for year 13:

Spoiler

You can either follow up each week (I think, once or twice I'll update) or ask me to tag you so you'll get a notification every time I post. I'll make a post every Friday.

Ciao! :ciao:

Tag List:

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck! Can you tag me so I get a notification?
Original post by Sigurd00
Good luck! Can you tag me so I get a notification?

Yeah added !
5 As in year 12
Good luckkkk
tag me !

you bossed year 12- any advice to someone going to study a level in general and specially maths ?
Original post by Mosope17
tag me !

you bossed year 12- any advice to someone going to study a level in general and specially maths ?

Hmm

Be on top of everything. I struggled a lot when I didn't and ended up at a point where my school work was too much so my revision was off a bit.

For Maths, it's all about practice. Sure making fancy notes might be useful, but not in maths. Make sure to do as much practice as possible with old spec papers, new spec papers (practice, mocks, etc) and the IYGB papers and the international old spec papers (c12, c34) are very hard so do that too.
@RickHendricks

Congratulations on your predicted results! I'm sure you will go on to smash it this year :thumbsup:
Reply 7
Hi again!! :hi:
I'm sorry you dropped FM :emo: but best of luck with applying for medicine. :rave:
Tag me if you've got a tag list!!
good luck!
Original post by nyxnko_
Hi again!! :hi:
I'm sorry you dropped FM :emo: but best of luck with applying for medicine. :rave:
Tag me if you've got a tag list!!

Holaaaa

And yeah it's a shame I dropped FM but hey, I'm still doing Maths.

+added
Original post by RickHendricks
Holaaaa

And yeah it's a shame I dropped FM but hey, I'm still doing Maths.

+added

:lol:
True true. :biggrin:
Thank you!! :hugs:
tag me son
Update #1:

Apologies for the late update.

Been very busy, and I can assure you going to sleep at nearly 5 in the morning and waking up at 9:30 to go to work is definitely not healthy and would not recommend anyone.

In terms of studies; my UKCAT is on the 19th, and seeing people's scores and opinions tell me VR is going to be very hard. To make sure I revise well I've done all the VR questions in the 1250 isc book and have started tracking my UKCAT score using excel and medify, and so knowing how my % score for each section changes, rather than having a stagnating 67% in medify.

I'm also thinking whether or not to do the BMAT, and whether or not I can revise well for it since my UKCAT is on the 19th, and the BMAT being on the 15th the next very month. If anyone thinks its possible and that I should do it, please let me know.

In terms of other things; been going school shopping, school starts on Tuesday or Monday but for me I go in on Friday, because of work placement from Tuesday to Thursday which is going to boost my personal state.

Not much focused on school stuff other than a Biology essay that I did. Not planning on prioritizing school work when it starts, at least for the first 2 months since I'm going to be majorly working on University stuff. Hoping to try to apply at Keele, and some low UKCAT unis, because I'm not very confident right now, but hopefully I can pull it off.

My "to-do" list for the week:
Grind out UKCAT
Settle into school
Keep a clean sheet at work placement (NHS)
Keep a good sleep schedule (at least 6 hours)
Keep a good diet (keep myself healthy)

Tags for the lads (and ladettes, laddies? I dunno what the feminine version is, educate me)

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Update #1:

Apologies for the late update.

Been very busy, and I can assure you going to sleep at nearly 5 in the morning and waking up at 9:30 to go to work is definitely not healthy and would not recommend anyone.

In terms of studies; my UKCAT is on the 19th, and seeing people's scores and opinions tell me VR is going to be very hard. To make sure I revise well I've done all the VR questions in the 1250 isc book and have started tracking my UKCAT score using excel and medify, and so knowing how my % score for each section changes, rather than having a stagnating 67% in medify.

I'm also thinking whether or not to do the BMAT, and whether or not I can revise well for it since my UKCAT is on the 19th, and the BMAT being on the 15th the next very month. If anyone thinks its possible and that I should do it, please let me know.

In terms of other things; been going school shopping, school starts on Tuesday or Monday but for me I go in on Friday, because of work placement from Tuesday to Thursday which is going to boost my personal state.

Not much focused on school stuff other than a Biology essay that I did. Not planning on prioritizing school work when it starts, at least for the first 2 months since I'm going to be majorly working on University stuff. Hoping to try to apply at Keele, and some low UKCAT unis, because I'm not very confident right now, but hopefully I can pull it off.

My "to-do" list for the week:
Grind out UKCAT
Settle into school
Keep a clean sheet at work placement (NHS)
Keep a good sleep schedule (at least 6 hours)
Keep a good diet (keep myself healthy)

Tags for the lads (and ladettes, laddies? I dunno what the feminine version is, educate me)

Spoiler

bmat is october 31st not 15th, the application deadline is the 15th
(edited 4 years ago)
how much should i revise a day then to make sure i can do well in it then?
how much should i revise a day then to make sure i can do well in it then?

lol not a clue i havent even started myself
well luckily since I dropped 2 of my subjects i'm going to get a surge in increase in number of frees. Hopefully I can use that to revise it all :smile:

good luck to you. How did your UKCAT go btw?
good luck for your UKCAT!! applying for medicine already sounds stressful...
sending hugs :hugs:
well luckily since I dropped 2 of my subjects i'm going to get a surge in increase in number of frees. Hopefully I can use that to revise it all :smile:

good luck to you. How did your UKCAT go btw?

685 band 2, not what i was going for but yea
I can only wish for that kind of score. I'm assuming you used Medify? How did it compare with the real thing? (section breakdown would be great)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending