username2889812
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rainclouds-)
also pls tell me ur own fave revision strategy i could use some input
:hi: Great update there! :thumbsup:

Bullet pointing and role play(I pretend to be teacher and dunce lol otherwise i fall asleep :facepalm: )
Missradioactive
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
september and january are the two months which feel like years tbh

same im worried i left it all for the last minute but o well i have until thursDAY

my gyal ty for dat support

my school doesn't have uniform n i dont wear makeup so i always look like a year 7 lol

my whole wardrobe is blag n white evEN my d0g is blak n wight everythings just black n vite
Fun fact: Zebra is black and white too.
Spoiler:
Show
Okay, it's a common fact, not fun :rofl:
Mosope17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
only just realised we’re taking 3 of the same subjects - lit, geo, maths ?)
username3934898
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Mosope17)
only just realised we’re taking 3 of the same subjects - lit, geo, maths ?)
yupp :')

thanks for the bag ideas i appreciate it guyssss halal_haribo u too

i wonder who is at school today? :3
username3934898
Rep:
?
thursday 6th of september 2018
aka first day of school

today was an absolute mess yikes
It was a half day but the teachers went on and on about such useless crap that no one cares about. we have a sTUPID policy of being respectful, resourceful and safe. apparently we won't get our ID cards until wednesday which means we have to bring our own packed lunches asdjkasdl also we used to have our own area for sixth formers but for some reason they destroyed the whole building so that they can invest in a larger canteen. it's bs imo and they shifted all the drama students to the isolation huts so they can invest more money on better labs for the science department :rolleyes:
but I meann whatever who cares about subjects outside stem right...
alsoivelostallmyfriendsandimalon ersotheresthatahaha

on the bright side I've been feeling pretty prepared....

bEHOLD my desk. i've spent the past few days decluttering and now it looks somewhat presentable. A classmate drew me in art so there's a nice sketch drawing there. The post it notes include positive messages and there's a large poster created by my form tutor who wrote a sweet message for me. I still have my gcse timetable covered in labels and underneath is my kindle and neatly organised juNK. jk it's preTTTEEEE stationERY which cost a fortune but aye i just luv sp3ndin on post it notes and colours and penzzzzzzzzzzz.

I borrowed the handbag from my sister and inside the first compartment are a couple of wallet folders. I have 3 wallet folders - one for class notes, one for homework and one spare just in case. Under the zip are my essentials so my pencil case, my planner (see in spoiler), my oyster card, my phone and a couple of other necessities. In the final compartment I plan on keeping my lunch and timetable since I don't have a handy blazer to keep stuff in anymore.
I think my sister wants her handbag back before university begins so I'll have to get a proper bag plus I may find myself needing to carry textbooks so it's temporary btw.

I have 5 large folders and 4 mini folders. I don't know when I'll need the mini folders but I believe it will be useful for filing things away by topic. I haven't labelled them yet but I will figure that out later.

Spoiler:
Show

i got this as a gift from my cousin when I went to Niagara Falls a few weeks ago and i cant resize woops sorry for the large post but anyway unlike this pic mine is black I cba to take more pics but it's just a small light empty notebook where I will make to-do lists and plan my homework. my school uses show my homework but it's sixth form you know no one chases you up and if they forget to set it they blame us for not remembering.

so today was a sensible post i didn't think that was achievable
i guess i've been feeling a little down lately :nopity:
but lessons begin tomorrow so i will bE baCK usual. this may be very hard to believe but i'm well behaved and quiet in class. i have 3 free periods and then double english. i am looking forward to double english although my timetable is firstly unusual and secondly has the strangest combination of teachers in my school...

to ma tags can y'all just add me to ur own tag lists for GYGs?? i luvv supporting y'all on your own incredible journey and i hope all of you perform fantabulously in your examenes xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Tags
Missradioactive
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thursday 6th of september 2018
aka first day of school

today was an absolute mess yikes
It was a half day but the teachers went on and on about such useless crap that no one cares about. we have a sTUPID policy of being respectful, resourceful and safe. apparently we won't get our ID cards until wednesday which means we have to bring our own packed lunches asdjkasdl also we used to have our own area for sixth formers but for some reason they destroyed the whole building so that they can invest in a larger canteen. it's bs imo and they shifted all the drama students to the isolation huts so they can invest more money on better labs for the science department :rolleyes:
but I meann whatever who cares about subjects outside stem right...
alsoivelostallmyfriendsandimalon ersotheresthatahaha

on the bright side I've been feeling pretty prepared....

bEHOLD my desk. i've spent the past few days decluttering and now it looks somewhat presentable. A classmate drew me in art so there's a nice sketch drawing there. The post it notes include positive messages and there's a large poster created by my form tutor who wrote a sweet message for me. I still have my gcse timetable covered in labels and underneath is my kindle and neatly organised juNK. jk it's preTTTEEEE stationERY which cost a fortune but aye i just luv sp3ndin on post it notes and colours and penzzzzzzzzzzz.

I borrowed the handbag from my sister and inside the first compartment are a couple of wallet folders. I have 3 wallet folders - one for class notes, one for homework and one spare just in case. Under the zip are my essentials so my pencil case, my planner (see in spoiler), my oyster card, my phone and a couple of other necessities. In the final compartment I plan on keeping my lunch and timetable since I don't have a handy blazer to keep stuff in anymore.
I think my sister wants her handbag back before university begins so I'll have to get a proper bag plus I may find myself needing to carry textbooks so it's temporary btw.

I have 5 large folders and 4 mini folders. I don't know when I'll need the mini folders but I believe it will be useful for filing things away by topic. I haven't labelled them yet but I will figure that out later.

Spoiler:
Show

i got this as a gift from my cousin when I went to Niagara Falls a few weeks ago and i cant resize woops sorry for the large post but anyway unlike this pic mine is black I cba to take more pics but it's just a small light empty notebook where I will make to-do lists and plan my homework. my school uses show my homework but it's sixth form you know no one chases you up and if they forget to set it they blame us for not remembering.

so today was a sensible post i didn't think that was achievable
i guess i've been feeling a little down lately :nopity:
but lessons begin tomorrow so i will bE baCK usual. this may be very hard to believe but i'm well behaved and quiet in class. i have 3 free periods and then double english. i am looking forward to double english although my timetable is firstly unusual and secondly has the strangest combination of teachers in my school...

to ma tags can y'all just add me to ur own tag lists for GYGs?? i luvv supporting y'all on your own incredible journey and i hope all of you perform fantabulously in your examenes xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Tags
Glad to hear something about your school day

Do keep me (and others) updated like this, since I love having such an insight into the life of my churro :hugs:
username3934898
Rep:
?
welcome to my first mini freakOUT
it hasn't even been 3 days of school yet.
I DONT HAVE ANY OF MY TEXTBOOKS OR BOOKS YET AHAHAHA IM SO SCREWed
i lowkey blame my school because they told us they would provide it for us/offer but at a lower cost -____-
i guess that offer is off the table
my dad was like oh don't order it we can get it from whsmith
:tumble:
NONE OF MY BOOKS WERE THERE and i freaked out and now i'll look so disorganised in front of my teachers and i already feel so behind because in my math tuition class we've basically learned the content for the first 5 chapters of AS pure maths
and ive literally not done anything in my other lessons except we did some minor things in english
its not such a big deal idk whyy im so stressed out i need to calm down stress is unhealthy and it hasnt even been a week, right? okay i need to chilli but i dont want to get yelled at in school urugjdfidjcm
& it was my responsibility to get everything which i should've independently done over the summer so im not even allowed to blame anyone but myself sdfghjksdfg
i dont even know why im posting this im gonna lol at myself lATER when im calm and i have my textbooks in front of meeehhh

tagssssss
Missradioactive
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
welcome to my first mini freakOUT
it hasn't even been 3 days of school yet.
I DONT HAVE ANY OF MY TEXTBOOKS OR BOOKS YET AHAHAHA IM SO SCREWed
i lowkey blame my school because they told us they would provide it for us/offer but at a lower cost -____-
i guess that offer is off the table
my dad was like oh don't order it we can get it from whsmith
:tumble:
NONE OF MY BOOKS WERE THERE and i freaked out and now i'll look so disorganised in front of my teachers and i already feel so behind because in my math tuition class we've basically learned the content for the first 5 chapters of AS pure maths
and ive literally not done anything in my other lessons except we did some minor things in english
its not such a big deal idk whyy im so stressed out i need to calm down stress is unhealthy and it hasnt even been a week, right? okay i need to chilli but i dont want to get yelled at in school urugjdfidjcm
& it was my responsibility to get everything which i should've independently done over the summer so im not even allowed to blame anyone but myself sdfghjksdfg
i dont even know why im posting this im gonna lol at myself lATER when im calm and i have my textbooks in front of meeehhh

tagssssss
Don't worry about the books, you'll surely receive them somehow. Also, don't worry about coming off as disorganized at school- you know it's the circumstances that took a bad turn, it's not even an issue, and don't blame yourself x

And it's okay to feel like you're behind, you'll eventually catch up on stuff-
even I felt the same way like I fell really behind and did not do much work and had regrets.

It's COMPLETELY natural to be stressed out about your situation, and at the same time, wondering why you're stressed despite knowing it's not that of a big deal :laugh:

And if you ever need emotional support, I'm right here for you, dear churro :hugs: :heart:
username3934898
Rep:
?
(Original post by Missradioactive)
Don't worry about the books, you'll surely receive them somehow. Also, don't worry about coming off as disorganized at school- you know it's the circumstances that took a bad turn, it's not even an issue, and don't blame yourself x

And it's okay to feel like you're behind, you'll eventually catch up on stuff-
even I felt the same way like I fell really behind and did not do much work and had regrets.

It's COMPLETELY natural to be stressed out about your situation, and at the same time, wondering why you're stressed despite knowing it's not that of a big deal :laugh:

And if you ever need emotional support, I'm right here for you, dear churro :hugs: :heart:

Spoiler:
Show

thank you though i really needed that. you're so lovely i know i can count on you always :hugs::hugwings:
Missradioactive
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Spoiler:
Show

thank you though i really needed that. you're so lovely i know i can count on you always :hugs::hugwings:
:lol:
Spoiler:
Show
:hugs::heart:
username3934898
Rep:
?
quick post won't tag bc im annoying asf
I have a math test tomorrow. If I fail I might be removed from the course. no preSSURE at all amirite.

alSOOOO my books have arrived (my sweet geography teacher said we can order textbooks at our own pace otherwise i think i'm covered for now...) and the two books about politics in the picture below were borrowed from the library.

the good thing about my frees is instead of revising i just make revision resources. i do this because making flashcards and mind maps is so freaking time consuming and so usually after i do my homework i continue making resources. i watch my classmates bantering around during frees and i think im lowkey becoming more judgemental of them and im worried im becoming wayyyyy too uptight like i would chill but im just trying ma best unooo. i don't want to walk away with any regrets and it sucks that i've lost my friends but hey at least i get to do extra revision n staff.

Missradioactive
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i don't want to walk away with any regrets and it sucks that i've lost my friends but hey at least i get to do extra revision n staff.
That's my girl ! 👍😊
username3934898
Rep:
?
anotha really quickk upDATE

so i received my result for the test we had to complete so that we could take maths for A level and I got 85% which I'm really happy with it. It would have been delightful to get above 90% but I got the highest in my class and I know lots of people who are having to retake the mini test because they got about 50% which makes me realise that despite the difficulty I was able to ya know persevere. i think no one really cared about the test which surprised me since i revised intensely. i think i will continue to revise extensively. i just wanna get the best grades possible.

gonna do some hw now. btw I made a positivity thread today and it breaks my heart sometimes knowing that people go through sm crap. be happy in your skin guysss. we're gonna be alright ♫

Tagz
Missradioactive
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

so i received my result for the test we had to complete so that we could take maths for A level and I got 85% which I'm really happy with it. It would have been delightful to get above 90% but I got the highest in my class and I know lots of people who are having to retake the mini test because they got about 50% which makes me realise that despite the difficulty I was able to ya know persevere. i think no one really cared about the test which surprised me since i revised intensely. i think i will continue to revise extensively. i just wanna get the best grades possible.

gonna do some hw now. btw I made a positivity thread today and it breaks my heart sometimes knowing that people go through sm crap. be happy in your skin guysss. we're gonna be alright ♫

Tagz
And you deny the fact that you are intelligent :rolleyes:

And yes girl, grab those A's/A*s ! :woo:
Help_Me_Pls_Eghh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Tagz
85% is excellent *this is going to sound like terrible advice, especially since I am only a naive 16 year old* but you should never over exert yourself in life for perfection, since perfection is nigh unattainable since we are only human, we can only strive to be better; be proud of your grade and whatever other achievements you are bound to reach in life but never regret over ordeals done.

Chill through life since we only have one.

*oof what a noice rhyme*
username3934898
Rep:
?
(Original post by Help_Me_Pls_Eghh)
85% is excellent *this is going to sound like terrible advice, especially since I am only a naive 16 year old* but you should never over exert yourself in life for perfection, since perfection is nigh unattainable since we are only human, we can only strive to be better; be proud of your grade and whatever other achievements you are bound to reach in life but never regret over ordeals done.

Chill through life since we only have one.

*oof what a noice rhyme*
prsommm when did u become so wise :llama:

(Original post by Missradioactive)
And you deny the fact that you are intelligent :rolleyes:

And yes girl, grab those A's/A*s ! :woo:
im beginning to sound like everyone on tsr ahhhh

i'm nawt i swear im honestly really surprised i cant believe its my result :lol:
Missradioactive
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im beginning to sound like everyone on tsr ahhhh

i'm nawt i swear im honestly really surprised i cant believe its my result :lol:
Well, you should believe it from now on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (91)
18.92%
Labour (204)
42.41%
Liberal Democrats (97)
20.17%
Green Party (33)
6.86%
Brexit Party (15)
3.12%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.25%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.04%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)