💸raining💸 in A*s Watch

PureHeroine
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
6am
just checking in. doing some revision for an assessment today. a little stressed. fortunately i get to revise in registration, break and lunch so i should be fine. i think i'll make some mini cue cards and focus on memorising definitions + case studies. hopefully it all goes smoothly xx
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
s e p t e m b e r

i cri now that tsr has taken away my ability to copy n paste gifs through new layout :'(( it keeps asking about characters and it makes me sad as y'all know how much i loveee my gifs anyway...

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6vY5...ASYM/giphy.gif

fav deep inspirational quote; each new chapter of our lives requests an old part of us to fall and a new part of us to rise

~~~~~~

recap of what i've accomplished so far + plans 4 school

accomplished
made a few friends finally after sulking around for the first few weeks let's hope it stays this way although i'm careful not to tell them too much about secondary school ://
stll haven't managed to convince my dad about jobzz butttt i've been accepted onto this programme* due to my good gcse grades which is nice
41/48 on that math entrance test that we were given and so far on every test in every subject (apart from english) i've been getting relatively high marks. obviously i'd like to consistently get top marks but with more practice and adjustment i should be alright.
essay writing skills are really improving!! ♥

short term
AS pure math - go over chapter 1-3 properly and make better notes. complete all exercises in the textbook.
self teach statistics chapters 1-3. maybe during the half term.
use quizlet for politics
practice drawing geography diagrams because i know how much i hate it

long term
start a tv show which i still haven't done before i get overwhelmed with more work
practice my high belt at my musical theatre class and rehearse dna monologue for the final showcase
make more cue cards and flashcards over messy notes in colours for better memory
buy more clothes to wear at sixth form yikES
STAY ON TOP OF THINGS DO NOT SLACK ARE U READING DIS WAHMEN DONT U DARE FALL BACK after working so hard you cannot afford to give up it's only October keep going bbyxoxo
print out the specification and learn book quotes/math formulas asap!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
Show
*my school does these coaching lessons and trips to unis to prepare for students going into competitive courses (eeek!!) such as law & medicine and it just hit me that i need to start getting serious about my future (although i'd like my freedom for a few months more...). it'll make me motivated to do more work experience and volunteering bc i let my insecurities win (haven't been to uni open days so far nor have i planned to even though i could if i really wanted to) every single time....
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
(Original post by halal_haribo)
sheesh kabab it’s the last day of orgust
how's it already october?

hOW

HOW HOW hOW

mY mind has been awakened to the speed of time holy guacamole
username4171924
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rainclouds-)
how's it already october?

hOW

HOW HOW hOW

mY mind has been awakened to the speed of time holy guacamole
:hugs:

i don’t know
Spoiler:
Show
butt it’s a few days away from my bday :ahee: wooo studying 😂😂
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
(Original post by halal_haribo)
:hugs:

i don’t know
Spoiler:
Show
butt it’s a few days away from my bday :ahee: wooo studying 😂😂
oo is it baby gyal?? ooo: woooo im hella excited for that <33 haribos turning 17

https://imgur.com/gallery/0s1ZoJO

its gonna be halloween soon tho cant go trick or treating as im an oldie cant go to parties either bc no one invites me how fun is growing up amirite =(
username4171924
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
oo is it baby gyal?? ooo: woooo im hella excited for that <33 haribos turning 17

https://imgur.com/gallery/0s1ZoJO

its gonna be halloween soon tho cant go trick or treating as im an oldie cant go to parties either bc no one invites me how fun is growing up amirite =(
:excited:
Spoiler:
Show
I’m ruining your thread goood luckkkk bebeeee
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
second mental breakdown
holy ****
i have so much work to do thanks to my lame time management skills and procrastination
and i was supposed to be asleep an hour ago and i wanna watch the 50 min shane dawson video so time to sleep at midnight
school starts at 10am so i just need to remain calm. can't afford to freak out.

btw the school wifi hasn't banned tsr huehuehue so sometimes i randomly come on and find the weirdest thread titles during the day xD it's quite entertaining trying to hold back the laughter

before school
complete essay question in english at 6am when you get up
start redoing notes for as level pure math chapter 1
complete geography extra reading

first free
make more detailed english notes
politics presentation preparation and extra reading

second free
geography fieldwork - gather statistics
unfortunately i'm in a crappy group so i have to do most of the work while they get credit for it bc i feel like i'm the only one willing to put the work in even though i'm struggling with other subjects anyway

stay after school if needed to print out sheets

i have a ticket to see jamie the musical?? but like no idea which theatre i booked it at or anything?? so confused...

also should I join my local youth council? low self esteem warning me it'll be a disaster but should i get more active??
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
SO MUCH DRAMA RECENTLY WILL POST LATER. situation has been intense to put it simply.
just got back from the musical was lit. been losing a lot of sleep lately. anyway i didn't realise it was about drag culture and i particularly liked the hijabi ayeeeee she was from the ends bruh and her vocals were on point.
honestly i've been to some musicals and having asian representation is well really bizarre to me. my musical theatre teacher + others were sobbing and i was passing around the tissues but i wasn't crying at all. it was very moving and one of my faves however.
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
tuesday 9th october 2018

this time last week I went on a mini school trip to my local high street when everyone in my geography class had double frees.

It was so fun getting weird looks from strangers lmao. we were being lOud rowdy annoying teenagers making sarcastic remarks about how my town is a dump espec when we carried out the environmental quality survey and put "Very Poor" for every box

after literally hours of harassing strangers on the high street we gave up and asked loads of shopkeepers which meant that we actually did the work.

and thenn we went to a shopping malll which was a huge mistake

a boy in my group who thought he waS such a joker decided to hand a questionnaire to the mall security guard person

aND THEN we got taken away by security lmfao

some oF my classmates saw that our group got taken away so they legged it while we had to walk through this dark dungeon place underground and walk through sets of broken staircases just to find the management office

fortunaTely the guy who worked there realised we were conducting student research so he moaned about how we had to be covered by liability and blah blah other technical terms I really didn't understand

then we basically got kicked out of the mall and they asked us not to return

the next half an hour was a blur of collecting data but my group then got dismantled so I went off with two friends

my friend freddie invited her other friend jake and I to her house and for an hour we watched the avengers. freddie has a sweet dog named Nigel who I cuddled until sadly we realised we had to go back to school because I had a politics lesson and jake had further maths

it was such a hot fun day but honestly I don't know why my local high street is such a dodgy place full of really shady people

I told my geography teacher after that we weren't allowed to carry out research without permission and he just said oh. oh?? really?? I thought adults were supposed to know everything yikes

#

wednesday 10th october 2018

oh lord

i don't know why i didn't post this earlier but last wednesday was so freaking eventful

at lunch some random classmates decided to join my table in our common room (my school doesn't have a common room bc iss too tacky lmaoo we have like an atrium which is basically a common room)

we started debating about really controversial issues idek why. and if y'all have read some of my posts on tsr y'all should know that i really care about the world and i can't believe that some people are so neutral about issues that affect them. unfortunately we started talking about religion and things got really heated.

can you become friends with people who share opinions you disagree with? argh idk.

some of my peers are too frustrating to argue with because they have really powerful opinions (homosexuality is wrong) but if i question them on it they go "oh well that's my religion and that's what i believe" lIKEEEE????? i get kinda mad tbh bc how can you just accept something for the way it is without having a justification like oml.

fyi never debate about religion or politics with friends isss really not a good idea. i need to remind myself to keep to tsr bc forums are the only way i can express myself no1 else either cares or thinks i'm naive for wanting to change the world

after school i went to go see everyone's talking about jamie with my musical theatre class

it was really controversial bc my culture has shoved down my throat that drag culture is wrong. personally i found the musical very eye opening and sad. i'm jealous of the white kids in my musical theatre classes bc they have the freedom to do as they please - a guy named ben told me that "practically my whole school is LGBT duh it's 2018!!" and it made me really emotional for some reason

i can't even imagine having a lgbt support group at my school ahahahaha the asians would freak

anyway everything was fine until a girl I know named tia decided it would be a PERFECTLY good idea to discuss gender on a crowded train from waterloo at 11pm in the night

i don't know WHAT was going through her mind but i went really red and i tried to hush her but she went on this explosive rant at this other guy named JJ bc JJ said there are only 2 genders

it. was. tsr. but. in. real. life.

I'm pretty open minded so while I disagreed with JJ I hated how tia was legit screaming in his friends. mind you these kids are like 12-13 which reminds me of when I was a kid but I wasn't that ignorant oh lord

I didn't get involved at first but when I get involved I get proper intellectual *flips hair* so while I went on this fancy rant they didn't understand what I was saying (as expected) and it was really heated in general

so many adults kept scoffing and murmuring about us it was kinda funny. and this random chick with a laptop turned around at some point and said she was "really intrigued by the way young minds think" so she was eavesdropping. lowkey imagine if she was a journalist it would've looked like a set up publicity stunt

i don't think i'll see those kids bc it was a trip but it was mad asf.
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
tuesday 16th october 2018

sometimes I randomly return to the old tsr format?

helloooo. today I had yet anotha exciting school trip and I attended a climate change conference

it was really exciting to meet four different speakers with completely different views: a scientist, a christian, an environmentalist and a researcher who didn't believe in climate change

most of the students who were there didn't actually want to be there but I found the speakers really interesting

we learned so much about climate change and how sources such as the media are unreliable. the scientist spoke to us about only trusting people who have valuable expertise and he presented the facts about what's happening to our world. he said that the rise in climate change is heading towards 3 degrees and taught us that 195 countries are part of the Paris Climate Agreement.

i'm not going to bore you with the details but we got to see some statistics and the recent fluctuation in global weather patterns which was so cool

next i met a researcher who was part of the conservative party. he presented his views on how climate change isn't "that catastrophic" and how everything is "expensive" so it's not as easy as supporting undeveloped countries/immediately switching to renewable sources. most of his thoughts were the antithesis of the scientist's facts.

he was part of a think tank so i'm not surprised that he spoke articulately (in other words he came across as an upper class snob who was perfectly aware that he was addressing a audience full of 16 year olds from working class backgrounds lolol) so he could persuade us that it won't be that bad :rolleyes:

after the break we spoke to an environmentalist. a lady who worked with greenpeace spoke to us and eh she was boring I can't remember much tbf

finally we talked to a christian. now he preached the word of God saying that it's our responsibility to protect the Earth and we have to follow morality. the same classmates i spoke to last week said they wouldn't speak to me if I questioned his religious beliefs. argh. I kept quiet instead but his mindset was interesting

at the end I went to the right wing man and i questioned him. i'm so fascinated by people like him - avid trump supporters and intolerant brexiteers - because I wanted to know what goes through his mind. he was a researcher who graduated from a prestigious university yet he didn't believe in climate change. people like him confuse me and surprise me.

I went with my only close friend at school who kept immaturely giggling and I tried to be y'know mature but I felt sO wOkE aNd InTELLecTUal. speaking of which she wants to know my tsr username sksksksjk no honey it's nEVER happening

she went to speak to the scientist who is actually a professor and a member of the Royal Astronomical Society. i was really happy for her when he gave her his 'card' (i.e email for personal queries) and she was squealing with happiness bc she loves physics so much and i wish the best for her... awh i'm getting choked up
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
wednesday 17th october 2018

just finished vectors. sadly I don't know what's been happening in the past few lessons but I swear i've been really trying to understand the different concepts still i'm struggling
it'll be fine hopefully. I'll need to self teach over the holidays and really work my behind off.

over half term i've got a bunch of long essays due and end of unit assessments. i'm getting flashbacks to the easter break before gcses and how hard I worked for that ahaha so I guess i'll be going into hibernation mode once again. I mean i'll still be on tsr but I think I'll need to catch up on sleep, go through everything and make sure everything looks fine. I think my motivation is knowing i can post pics of my fancy notes here so i'll make sure i'll make them easy to revise from.

at the end of today my classmate niamh and I were singing Ariana Grande at the back of the bus hehehe we're so cringey oml if y'all knew me irl you'd hate me so much. we started off by discussing her songs and by like half an hour later when we got closer to my house (I live 12 bus stops away from school) I was mumbling "lovin' it lovin' it lovin' it lovin' it babyyyy" and we were giggling :laugh: why are we like this? it was really pleasant especially because we're both stressed about sixth form at the moment so I felt like we needed that. still I can't believe we had the courage to do that in public oh goshhh....

let me know if you want to be untagged i don't know why i haven't been tagging y'all for the past couple of posts huehue.

Tagz
Missradioactive
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
wednesday 17th october 2018

just finished vectors. sadly I don't know what's been happening in the past few lessons but I swear i've been really trying to understand the different concepts still i'm struggling
it'll be fine hopefully. I'll need to self teach over the holidays and really work my behind off.

over half term i've got a bunch of long essays due and end of unit assessments. i'm getting flashbacks to the easter break before gcses and how hard I worked for that ahaha so I guess i'll be going into hibernation mode once again. I mean i'll still be on tsr but I think I'll need to catch up on sleep, go through everything and make sure everything looks fine. I think my motivation is knowing i can post pics of my fancy notes here so i'll make sure i'll make them easy to revise from.

at the end of today my classmate niamh and I were singing Ariana Grande at the back of the bus hehehe we're so cringey oml if y'all knew me irl you'd hate me so much. we started off by discussing her songs and by like half an hour later when we got closer to my house (I live 12 bus stops away from school) I was mumbling "lovin' it lovin' it lovin' it lovin' it babyyyy" and we were giggling :laugh: why are we like this? it was really pleasant especially because we're both stressed about sixth form at the moment so I felt like we needed that. still I can't believe we had the courage to do that in public oh goshhh....

let me know if you want to be untagged i don't know why i haven't been tagging y'all for the past couple of posts huehue.

Tagz
Good luck on your next hibernation mode session huehuehue
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
monday 20th october 2018

trying not to stress lmao
the original plan was to wake up at 8 and brainstorm the plan for the week so that i'd be a little more organised
i slept at like 1am? and woke up 10 minutes ago

i have math tuition at 12pm-2pm.
if i get a bad teacher i'm planning on bringing my math book and doing all the exercises from chapter 1 and 2 in pure math which i missed (yes i am very behind i don't know how i let this happen but i'm trying not to anxiously think about it instead i'll just get on with things).

if i get a good teacher well i need them to teach me binomial expansion and factorial theorem bc i got a new math teacher yesterday and the problem is everyone in my class is so smart i feel inferior like pretty much all of them have covered this in school already and/or do further math and i just need extra support? i know it's not a bad thing i've always needed help even throughout gcses but i just hate asking for help? i know i have to get over it i'd rather appear as really dumb in front of my peers and get good grades later than struggle throughout.

i'll need to go through any questions that i've missed regardless of the teacher i get i don't mind either way.

i don't know if i should try and get through most of my hw then focus on revision or if i should focus on revision and leave hw to last?

i have geography fieldwork to do but my group hasn't send me the data so i can only make graphs on excel using my data which is a little bit frustrating as i did post a note on google classroom but whatever. oh and most of my teachers haven't posted their essay questions (i have about 5 essays due after half term and/or end of unit assessment preparations and i think only one teacher has put the question up) and i probably should've written it down in class but it's too late now.

i don't know how to explain it but i always write the homework down in my personal diary and everyone else just remembers?? like?? maybe there are study groups on social media so people simply know these things but i'm always having to email teachers to catch up on work and it's a little exhausting especially when they don't respond. yikes i need to chill. i think i mentioned giving up tv shows to revise so i should stop giving myself a hard time & focus.

ok so now i have to go freshen up and i'll be back later to post a massive to do list on here to make it easier or i'll write it up as i'm not a fan of using technology when i'm doing work i get distracted pretty easily.
also i've lost the option to change font how exciting
and clocks go back on 28th pls remind me i'll forg3t
Last edited by PureHeroine; 2 months ago
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
third mental breakdown

i assumed that tuition would be somewhat productive
boi i was SO wrong

i was assigned practice exam questions and i haven't covered most of the topics in school
other schools are doing logarathims and whatnot while my school hasn't even covered chapter 3 in AS pure math
wHAT IS MY SCHOOL DOING DO THEY WANT US TO FAIL

they did this during gcses too - we were made to rush and self teach so many topics bc we didn't have enough time
ffs other schools were given summer homework and my school spent like weeks on surds and indices and it's making me very anxious

whereas for vectors i spent like 2 lessons on it and i'm still struggling bc it's just a topic that i struggle with a lot

fortunately i got 3/20 questions right. it's better than zero

finally when i walked out of tuition trying to formulate a plan on what to do next i clumsily tripped on the stairs and swore. i probablee shouldn't have been wearing heels but they looked nice idk and when i looked upwards i realised some of the guys in my tuition class were laughing at me 😢 why am i so awkward asdfghk

also please remind me why i chose 4 a levels again wanna cri so bad wth i don't want to fail

honestly speaking i know i sound cynical asf but i know that my target grades will not be As and i know that i'm going to fail the mini mocks after half term. the only thing i can do about it now is complete all my hw, catch up on extra work i have left to do and keep practising recalling facts. this is really not what i wanted so far and i'm getting a headache right now just thinking about it fml. if i can return to the routine of waking up at 5 everyday next week onward then i will be able to do all the extra reading and i can start memorising formulas/book quotes asap which will hopefully get me ahead
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
I FINALLY UNDERSTAND BINOMIAL EXPANSION

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYY

will maybelline update later but guysss I managed to complete exercise 7C, 8A, 8B and 8C and got most of the answers right apart from making a few tiny errors so I feel like a winner :bban:
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
my sleep schedule is so messed up
i sleep at like 12 and wake up at 12
i think its bc i used to sleep at 10-11 and wake up at 5 so my brains just trying to clear itself up

i was going to wake up at 5 during half term but my parents are up at that time so cba

now theres only one thing left to do

stay up to study :dancing2:

i know that's a bad idea but i don't have any plans this week anyhow and i need to complain my pending work

today i genuinely had an excuse my mum wasn't feeling well so i made lunch. i should've ordered but she didn't tell me we had money. oh well. at least there's dinner :^)

i'll sleep at like 2-3am? gonna go offline and might be back at midnight idk
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
nvm im honestly such a child

i gave up revising ten mins ago (but i made some really good notes on stats, did more exam questions on chapter 1-2 on pure math using physics and math tutor and finally went through modelling assumptions) and i've now listened through a whole series of crime podcasts

i'm literally so invested in podcasts rn

if you asked me 2 weeks ago whatdya think of podcasts i probably would've groaned in disgust and nOW i'm in love :heart:
PureHeroine
Rep:
?
new revision plan
because the first one failed

~ complete 10 math questions a day
- answer one exam question in politics
- read one chapter of studied texts in english
- answer one exam question in geography

if there is time
- recap themes, characters, settings, literary critics, structure, book quotes, context etc.
- go through flashcards on quizlet

do this every single day never miss a day (except maybe Diwali)
otherwise do homework. i'll change this after christmas as mocks approach. consistency is key
Last edited by PureHeroine; 2 months ago
laurawatt
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hiya! Quick tip, if you want gifs on the new TSR, just insert the url inbetween [img ]url goes here[/img ] tags (without the spaces between the g])

troubletracking
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Are you on holiday now? Try not to overwork yourself:hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (879)
79.98%
Leave (220)
20.02%

Watched Threads