The Student Room Group

💸raining💸 in A*s

Scroll to see replies

anotherrrr ranttttt

I know I've been updating like everyday for a while now but I realised I'm only on page 7 despite being halfway through the year so updating more isn't really a bad thing now, is it?

today something really ****** happened to me today and I just feel extremely betrayed. I need to rant about it to get it off my chest

I had double politics today and I was waiting for about ten minutes and she didn't show up. I asked a group of people in my class and they told me that the lesson was cancelled because she wasn't in for registration. my exact words were "are you sure she's not in today?" and they responded "yh yh just go study." I went to my common room area with some people that I'm ok with as they had frees (btw we call it study support at my school because we don't have frees we have to sign in and do compulsory studying in the common room monitored by a teacher but I call it frees bc cba with the explanation. so I'm just going to call it study support from now on in my gyg) and I spent an hour making notes on geography.
when the next lesson started this girl that I'm not particularly fond of came out the lesson asking me why I was bunking. she was cackling with laughter saying that I missed an hour of the lesson. I don't bunk lessons I've never been in isolation and I've probably had like 5 detentions since year 7 usually due to lateness. I kept asking her if she was sure and she said "wallahi I mean it you're gonna get in sooo much trouble" and she went back to class and I realised that I was definitely screwed.

the girls I sat with looked really shocked and kept wishing me good luck. I walked into class and apologised so many times. she kept telling me to check my timetable and that if it was any other teacher I would've been screwed. apparently I was lucky that I was given another chance. she also told me I was 4 marks off an A in politics for the mock (but I will explain later on mock results day so I'm trying to avoid posting about my marks and whatnot) which makes it worse bc I missed half the lesson and now I have extra homework to catch up what I missed.

I'm so mad rn. I'm still fuming. urgh. I went to the office later to register my name and the strict teachers at the sixth form office told me they were literally about to call home since they thought I wasn't in school. Those girls didn't even apologise; they kept laughing about it and wondered why I got angry/upset. yh I am fuming. my dad would've gotten so angry at me if he found out I was bunking. so many snakes in my year. I know it's my fault for believing them and trusting them so I am really pathetic but yh -_- apparently my politics teacher asked the class where I was and no one even said anything. I had to photocopy many sheets and I have to go through it all which could've been avoided. they knew I was in study support and they didn't bother saying anything??
Original post by PureHeroine
anotherrrr ranttttt

I know I've been updating like everyday for a while now but I realised I'm only on page 7 despite being halfway through the year so updating more isn't really a bad thing now, is it?

today something really ****** happened to me today and I just feel extremely betrayed. I need to rant about it to get it off my chest

I had double politics today and I was waiting for about ten minutes and she didn't show up. I asked a group of people in my class and they told me that the lesson was cancelled because she wasn't in for registration. my exact words were "are you sure she's not in today?" and they responded "yh yh just go study." I went to my common room area with some people that I'm ok with as they had frees (btw we call it study support at my school because we don't have frees we have to sign in and do compulsory studying in the common room monitored by a teacher but I call it frees bc cba with the explanation. so I'm just going to call it study support from now on in my gyg) and I spent an hour making notes on geography.
when the next lesson started this girl that I'm not particularly fond of came out the lesson asking me why I was bunking. she was cackling with laughter saying that I missed an hour of the lesson. I don't bunk lessons I've never been in isolation and I've probably had like 5 detentions since year 7 usually due to lateness. I kept asking her if she was sure and she said "wallahi I mean it you're gonna get in sooo much trouble" and she went back to class and I realised that I was definitely screwed.

the girls I sat with looked really shocked and kept wishing me good luck. I walked into class and apologised so many times. she kept telling me to check my timetable and that if it was any other teacher I would've been screwed. apparently I was lucky that I was given another chance. she also told me I was 4 marks off an A in politics for the mock (but I will explain later on mock results day so I'm trying to avoid posting about my marks and whatnot) which makes it worse bc I missed half the lesson and now I have extra homework to catch up what I missed.

I'm so mad rn. I'm still fuming. urgh. I went to the office later to register my name and the strict teachers at the sixth form office told me they were literally about to call home since they thought I wasn't in school. Those girls didn't even apologise; they kept laughing about it and wondered why I got angry/upset. yh I am fuming. my dad would've gotten so angry at me if he found out I was bunking. so many snakes in my year. I know it's my fault for believing them and trusting them so I am really pathetic but yh -_- apparently my politics teacher asked the class where I was and no one even said anything. I had to photocopy many sheets and I have to go through it all which could've been avoided. they knew I was in study support and they didn't bother saying anything??

that's so horrible 😭
anotherrrr ranttttt

Some people are so ****ed jesus, oof, your school sounds really strict wow I feel for ya
:console: hope ur ok
could i be tagge please :colondollar:
anotherrrr ranttttt

:console: i'm so sorry you had to go through that.. at least you know better than to listen to them now :yes:
I’m currently doing GCSE, just finished my mock exam and just realised my revision techniques is unsuitable for me. Can you share your revision tips for GCSE pls
Original post by Sam TSR
I’m currently doing GCSE, just finished my mock exam and just realised my revision techniques is unsuitable for me. Can you share your revision tips for GCSE pls

before you start doing anything for all your subjects bookmark specifications. go through your spec and make a list of topics you don't understand and haven't learnt. do you know everything there is to know about plants? can you quote references from religious scriptures to support your statement? what motifs come up in the play(s) you're studying for english? make lists for each and every subject to find what you don't understand.

if you've failed and genuinely don't know what you're doing then start from the beginning. the very basics. work from the level 1 questions online all the way to the level 9 questions.

sciences: make notes using freesciencelessons and the collins flashcards are sO useful do use them
english: practice essay plans, use adverbs in your essays to make yourself sound more advanced, instead of describing basic techniques like similies google complex devices, embed your quotes.
sparknotes, senecalearning, mrbruff
math: https://www.youtube.com/user/RawMaths
corbett maths, mathsgenie, do loads of past papers
humanities: flashcards for content. loads of essay plans and get your teachers to give you feedback. draw out flowcharts, mindmaps and diagrams to make visual connections between topics - make synoptic links to gain high marks.
languages: duolingo and memrise. practice speaking with your friend(s). watch films.

use examiners reports. do loads of practice questions even if your revision technique itself is poor the exam technique is more important.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/20-ways-a-students-are-cramming-their-way-to-exam-success
before you start doing anything for all your subjects bookmark specifications. go through your spec and make a list of topics you don't understand and haven't learnt. do you know everything there is to know about plants? can you quote references from religious scriptures to support your statement? what motifs come up in the play(s) you're studying for english? make lists for each and every subject to find what you don't understand.

if you've failed and genuinely don't know what you're doing then start from the beginning. the very basics. work from the level 1 questions online all the way to the level 9 questions.

sciences: make notes using freesciencelessons and the collins flashcards are sO useful do use them
english: practice essay plans, use adverbs in your essays to make yourself sound more advanced, instead of describing basic techniques like similies google complex devices, embed your quotes.
sparknotes, senecalearning, mrbruff
math: https://www.youtube.com/user/RawMaths
corbett maths, mathsgenie, do loads of past papers
humanities: flashcards for content. loads of essay plans and get your teachers to give you feedback. draw out flowcharts, mindmaps and diagrams to make visual connections between topics - make synoptic links to gain high marks.
languages: duolingo and memrise. practice speaking with your friend(s). watch films.

use examiners reports. do loads of practice questions even if your revision technique itself is poor the exam technique is more important.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/revision/20-ways-a-students-are-cramming-their-way-to-exam-success

much appreciate for your help. I know what I need to improve on now.
sunday 27th january 2018

I genuinely feel like this month is not going to end buttttt this month has been quite decent. I haven't really typed about this before but I'm looking forward to watching the European Parliament elections this year. I'm not a Brexiteer (not that I voted anyways) but I suppose it'll be fun to watch Brexit take place as well. It's like waiting for Doomsday to arrive (I know it's scaremongering but acting as if nothing bad will come out of this is foolish imo). I hope to go to the Pride event this year and I'd like to go to some type of political event if possible. I wish I went last year but it seems that whenever I'm free nothing's going on and whenever I'm busy (or it happens to be on a school day) so many fun events occur.

I mean it's weird. I live in London. my cousins would be overjoyed to be in this position. I have access to loads of opportunities and I'm continously reminded of how amazing this experience is but it never feels like it. I haven't been to any seminars or any cool events unless it's somehow linked to my school and I know I should be taking advantage of it but I let my own fear of people/being social push me into a little cocoon. there's so many brilliant places to eat, musicals to watch and youth clubs to participate in but I'm just too scared to tbh. I make excuses like studies and the fact that I don't really have friends but in reality I choose to just not do much.

next week there's an ariana grande cloud event in London so I am thinking of having fun on my own. it might be tricky to go on Friday and I'd rather revise on Saturday morning as I have my musical theatre classes (my indecisive mind has finally said yes because it is enjoyable and we've been casted which i'll post about soon...) still there's no harm in missing a few hours to have fun.

also an old friend of mine (she moved schools but we occasionally email each other) asked me to volunteer with her at our local foodbank on Saturday mornings. I would love to but I don't want it to interfere with exams either so I'll consider volunteering after exams but what if there are too many volunteers? idk. I would love to actually do more however. this is something I want to work on.

good :smile:

•

no one who does edexcel english has spoke about this yet for some reason but our prose paper has been extended by 15 minutes which is great for 10 minutes of planning and 5 minutes of proof reading

•

i've started doing short but high intensity workouts everyday. i'm choosing healthier food options and drinking more water

•

i've joined a debate club at school (I'm not a big fan of some of the people in my year though but eh)

bad :frown:

•

according to my school calendar we don't have another set of mocks

•

my dad's gonna freak out on parents evening

•

not getting enough sleep so i've resorted to caffeine and high energy drinks

•

the watertaps in the sixth form girls bathroom doesn't work properly and the teachers don't even provide hand gel bottles. argh. perks of going to an underfunded state school. who do I even complain to???

•

lol I haven't been to any open days - wtaf am I doing with my life.

I also keep borrowing books from the library without reading them then returning them a few days after its due and this habit really needs to stop. I spend more time in the library nowadays especially since there are always shiny copies of the economist and articles related to the texts I'm studying for english with the label 'not to be taken out of the library' on them. anyways I was borrowing the yellow wallpaper and some book about indian caste system when I noticed a poster on a lgbt+ support club at my school. apparently it exists??? I love how the poster was at the back of the library and I haven't seen these posters anywhere else in school.

btw I have a day off on the 6th of February, parents evening on the 13th of February and half term begins on the 18th of February.
we also have 105 days until exams so my next update with tags will be when we have 100 days left :smile: hopefully I will spend less time on tsr but we'll have to see.
IMG_20190202_105114.jpg
15491121660579022360325633894913.jpg

I managed to take many pictures of the event but i only had twenty minutes before i had to leave so its mostly selfies id rather not share :smile:
wednesday 6th february 2019

on this episode of little ms irresponsible (do you remember when i thought i lost my folder ahaha peak times have arrived yet again), little ms irresponsible has misplaced her school ID card
when i first joined my sixth form we didn't have our ID cards until late october?? and now that it's gone i'm not going to have a replacement for a while which means i can't have food at school and it's so inconvenient hence i'm incredibly mad at myself. i went on an embarrassing rampage this morning absolutely tearing apart my bedroom in despair

my school is being so annoying so we haven't gotten our results back yet. i'm impatiently waiting because i need to prep my parents before results day before they make it out like i'm the villain who's been keeping this from them.

i had the opportunity to have a really productive revision day and i sort of procrastinated and wasted it? i've been focusing on mastering my algebra and reading loadsss of critical essays so i suppose it counts as revision. i went through examiners reports for politics, geography and english and i've honestly learned so much about what examiners want which will hopefully boost my grade up for further essays if i keep reminding myself of the points that i need to include.

in one of my posts i mentioned "finally" having a job. well to put it simply they've changed their minds and said it's purely volunteering instead. it's annoying because since i didn't get a grade 9 in literature i'm not allowed to apply to mentor students for english and the tutors in my year actually get paid. anyway i am doing this because i would like to share my expertise even though my grades are simply average. i was given a mentoring booklet but i think some of the tips on how to revise could actually help me too loool. i was thinking of purchasing a set of revision cards and gifting it to my mentee but i'm not sure how kind i'm feeling c:

IMG_20190206_153027.jpg

also as i was typing this i JUST realised i have homework due tomorrow that i forgot to do so this post is a lot shorter than i imagined and i'll update tomorrow or day after idk we'll see. i would like to type more but yh until later.
j a n u a r y

fav deep inspirational quote: "talent is cheaper than table salt. what separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work"

~~~~~~

recap of what i've accomplished so far + plans 4 school

accomplished
average grades for mocks
went to the ariana grande event
following my new years' resolution of exercising everyday
joined debate
prioritising myself above everyone and considering my own interests

short term
buy any revision material needed
support my year 11 mentee so that they can get the grades they deserve

long term
learn how to step up from mediocre grades to the top through examiners' reports
look for more open days and tasters days over spring/summer
find work experience and volunteering over the holidays
j a n u a r y

fav deep inspirational quote: "talent is cheaper than table salt. what separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work"

~~~~~~

accomplished
average grades for mocks
joined debate

short term

long term

love the gif me rn :laugh: and the quote :heart:
best of luck keep it up :rave:
j a n u a r y

~~~~~~

accomplished
average grades for mocks
joined debate

short term

long term

PRSOM quote and gif :smile:
Simple yet striking strategising the recap :smile:
May thine determined spirits be renewed!:smile:
sunday 10th february 2019

I know i've been very offish but anyhow. 91 days until exams.
i've procrastinated so much this term and i'm pretty disappointed in myself. after my mock exams I planned to take a week break or so but it ended up taking the entire month ashamedly. the good news is that i'm recognising it now and I won't go back to that but i've been super lazy when there is plenty of room for improvement.

my school pushed the results day to the morning of parents' evening and since my appointments are all in the evening I can only comment about what happened on thursday or wednesday after. i'm totally excited.. not. I know somewhat the results I received but I don't know my geography result so i'm nervous. before my mocks I worked incredibly hard though so I suppose i'll need to see what happens.

january was long and uneventful so I can't seem to remember what happened lol. my teachers have been absent recently which is annoying. last week i had atleast 2 cancelled lessons everyday. i'm slowly pushing through the poetry course for english and I need to remind myself to revise streetcar more often even though multitasking is difficult for me. i'm close to finishing politics completely so apart from keeping up with current affairs and recapping statistics/case studies my revision has been limited. i'm struggling a lot with geography however as I feel that I underperformed in the mock exam. also there is so much content to cover and coasts has a lot more technical stuff to memorise in comparison to hazards which is mostly case study knowledge. however it is so enjoyable - I love my class and my supportive teachers provide good feedback so I'm not that disheartened :smile: finally for math we need to cover the last chapter of mechanics (combining differentiation and integration knowledge with modelling, I assume? it's called variable acceleration aka hell I mean it looks really difficult and I'm terrified), the last three chapters of statistics and three chapters (binomial expansion, integration and exponential and logarithms) for pure.
in tuition i'm on the last chapter of AS pure math. exponentials confused me so I'll go over that independently and I can't comment on logarithms because we've only covered the basics so i'll see later. I believe we'll begin statistics and mechanics in three weeks and there will be sessions over the easter break to finish the course. i'm pleased because tuition will make me do exam papers while I go over topics I don't understand at school so I can prioritise my essay subjects. i've basically learned all of pure math except mathematical proof and logs since I only know the basics then i'M dOnE wItH leArNiNg NeW MaTH I know I have so much statistical knowledge to learn but let me be happy lol

in other news 'thank you next' is out and this masterpiece is so exciting to listen to. there is one beautiful ballad on the album called ghostin but the other tracks are very bouncy. her album lifted my moods because it's so stunning lyrically and musically.
I think february will go by quickly considering half term is around the corner so this month will unfortunately be as dead as last month. there is a pro-Brexit protest taking place on thursday but I'm not exactly looking forward to Brexit happening. still I love people who disagree with me as i've mentioned on various occasions so the event would be interesting to watch. i'm amused that the event is on valentine's day and i'm curious to see the banners on twitter afterward. a classmate invited me to creams on thursday as well but i wouldn't mind cancelling to attend my first protest.

march on the other hand is going to be so lit i'm so excited. brexit will take place, I get to visit the parliament on a trip and I also get to visit a coast on a trip! there will be so many cool events in march. february is so boring I just want this month to go by.

Tagz

Spoiler

March seems exciting!
haven't even started stats or mechanics yet oof:redface: didn't help that one of our teachers was at some jury duty thing so took even longer to finish pure w her.
ari's album is good, i like bad idea:yep:
(edited 5 years ago)
yay for almost finishing maths! :woo: :excited:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
haven't even started pure or mechanics yet oof:redface: didn't help that one of our teachers was at some jury duty thing so took even longer to finish pure w her.
ari's album is good, i like bad idea:yep:

do you mean stats and mechanics? :redface: i'd be concerned if you haven't started pure yet :lol:
Original post by nyxnko_
do you mean stats and mechanics? :redface: i'd be concerned if you haven't started pure yet :lol:

yeah i meant stats thanks for the clarification:giggle:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending