Theresa May supports land reform in South Africa Watch

Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Pledges £4 billion in investment in African economics.

Canada refuses Boers asylum for Boebers being 'White supremacists'

Trump attacked for his right wing ideology on the issue.

Hmm so pretty much

Take the land from these farmers

Don't give them asylum because they're White
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Theresa May’s comments are borderline insane. Land reform is a weasel term for the theft of private property owned, in many cases for hundreds of years, without compensation.

It will be the economic ruin of South Africa if it is implemented in any significant way, as it was in Zimbabwe.
username4212292
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by generallee)
Theresa May’s comments are borderline insane. Land reform is a weasel term for the theft of private property owned, in many cases for hundreds of years, without compensation.

It will be the economic ruin of South Africa if it is implemented in any significant way, as it was in Zimbabwe.
"theft", "owned" - dont know about that....
Wōden
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://qz.com/africa/1371982/theres...a-land-reform/

“The UK has, for some time now, supported land reform that is legal, transparent and follows a democratic process,” May said. “I welcome the comments he has already made about approaching land reform, bearing in mind the economic and social consequences…and that land reform will be no smash and grab.”
Whatever smidgen of respect I still had for Theresa May has just gone out the window. What a piece of **** that woman is.
crazychameleon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think there is a clear distinction between genocide and what is actually happening. It is a gross exaggeration to claim this land reform is white genocide and it is something white boer pressure groups are exaggerating. This is only happening because of South Africa’s Natives Land Act of 1913 which stripped many native south africans of legal ownership their land, handing it to white farmers. Although that is something that occurred in the past and can't be rectified, today whites own 72 percent of private land despite only consisting of 9% of the population with millions of black south africans living in abject poverty. Therefore this policy is not one of ethnic cleansing, but primarily an egalitarian, communist policy that seeks to reduce the huge levels of inequality.

However I must concede that South Africa's government is immensely corrupt and even though they claim to only take land "not in use", profits made from land seized will likely line poltician's pockets instead of helping the poorer in society.
NAMAS
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A
(Original post by 902423)
Pledges £4 billion in investment in African economics.

Canada refuses Boers asylum for Boebers being 'White supremacists'

Trump attacked for his right wing ideology on the issue.

Hmm so pretty much

Take the land from these farmers

Don't give them asylum because they're White
As a white South African living in Britain this is disgusting, imagine the stiuation reversed around, it is essentially racism if it goes ahead. Really they should look to invest in young people teaching them skills to farm rather than just handing land to inexpereinced farmers. Another Zimbabwe famine coming I think.
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HippoRhino3)
"theft", "owned" - dont know about that....
I am guessing you don’t own a house, so I’ll have to go a little smaller. What would call the seizure, through the courts, of your phone and laptop if not theft? With you given a tenth of their value ( if that) and the pleasure of seeing some crony of the government using your phone and laptop in front of your eyes?

As for “owned” how do you own them? Why shouldn’t someone else poorer and more deserving than you have them?
akbar0123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Wōden)
https://qz.com/africa/1371982/theres...a-land-reform/

Whatever smidgen of respect I still had for Theresa May has just gone out the window. What a piece of **** that woman is.
Interesting. I thought an ethnonationalist who dislikes diversity and multiculturalism would be happy to see an Africa for Africans, a Europe for Europeans... and yet when South Africa tries to take back their land from the non-indigenous Europeans that’s a bad thing?
username4212292
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am guessing you don’t own a house, so I’ll have to go a little smaller. What would call the seizure, through the courts, of your phone and laptop if not theft? With you given a tenth of their value ( if that) and the pleasure of seeing some crony of the government using your phone and laptop in front of your eyes?

As for “owned” how do you own them? Why shouldn’t someone else poorer and more deserving than you have them?
need i remind you of colonial violence and land grabs? - so much for victimisation of white farmers of stolen land
-Eirlys-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
need i remind you of colonial violence and land grabs? - so much for victimisation of white farmers of stolen land
2 wrongs don’t make a right.
username4212292
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
2 wrongs don’t make a right.
if you extend this argument elsewhere, you see the flaws....
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Examples?

Also none of the farmers today were involved in that, why should they suffer?
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So if your great great great grandfather had stolen something from someone else’s ancestor, the state could forcibly remove all your possessions and give them to someone else??
username4212292
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So if your great great great grandfather had stolen something from someone else’s ancestor, the state could forcibly remove all your possessions and give them to someone else??
Yes General Robert E Lee - if you steal things, you give them back
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No it is your argument, if extended elsewhere, which is flawed.

Should modern day Turks have their homes in Istanbul stolen to repay the theft of them from the Byzantines?

(OK, they pretty wiped them off the face of the earth after the “ colonial” conquest of Constantinople, but I am sure you could find a few descendants if you tried hard enough).
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes General Robert E Lee - if you steal things, you give them back
Well your ancestors stole stuff from someone, that’s for sure, all of ours did, so I think you should forsake all your possessions. YOU give them back...
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
May gave a vague cop out answer (basically said whatever your parliament decides), it was indeed a dark moment but short of sending in the military i'm not sure what people want her to do.

The South African government is racist and corrupt, this should come as no shock to anybody.
RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
She has some decent dance moves though.
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
May gave a vague cop out answer (basically said whatever your parliament decides), it was indeed a dark moment but short of sending in the military i'm not sure what people want her to do.

The South African government is racist and corrupt, this should come as no shock to anybody.
She should condemn it. She knows that the right to hold property is the basis of a civilised, prosperous country, and that this spells disaster, so it is wrong and irresponsible of her to refrain from criticising it.

The FCO, who write her speeches outside the UK, are being pusillanimous, and she is a weak coward for not instructing them to draft a robust response to this programme.

They aren’t going to change policy, obviously, but we should stand up for what we believe in as a country.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (38)
7.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.4%
No (175)
34.18%

Watched Threads