The Student Room Group

Poor AS results

Hi.
So basically I got my as results and achieved ACDD due to lack of effort and preparation and personal circumstances. Anyway, I basically want to know if I would be likely to achieve offers from BBB-ABB unis and if I were to say get ABB at A2, what we be my a Level grades roughly. Or, is it worth me just resisting AS at a different sixth form and starting a fresh.
Thanks
i dont know about all unis, but since not many at all take AS levels, they do not take it as seriously, so i would say there is no harm in applying where you want to..... (correct me if im wrong)
Reply 2
So you would recommend me sticking with my current sixth form and just really study hard to achieve desired A2 grades?
Reply 3
Original post by SamDexter
So you would recommend me sticking with my current sixth form and just really study hard to achieve desired A2 grades?

You have to decide for yourself, and think as to the reasons why you did poorly. Do you think you actually understand most of the content, and just didn't revise towards the end, or were you lost throughout the year. You also have to think whether you are willing to put in the extra work to catch up on AS content, whether you have the right mindset to put work in.
There's not much to be ashamed of if you have to start year 12 again, especially if you have personal circumstances. Just be ready to accept, you'll be a year behind most people.
Reply 4
In terms of knowing the content, I probably knew 70% of the content in most of my a levels, however, I very little revision; literally the day of the exam, and also didn’t fully apply myself during lessons. In terms of being behind other people, that’s not something I’m particularly concerned about as my school typically doesn’t receive great grades and so it’s quite common for people at my school to twist years.

Quick Reply

Latest