kareid123
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hiya,

Im from Aberdeen and Im going to be moving down to Glasgow to go to Glasgow Caledonian at the end of August. Was just wandering if anyone had any thoughts on what Caledonian's halls (Caledonian Court) are like or if they've stayed in them? Not heard the best about them so was considering going into the unite Buchanan View halls but then noticed some negative views on here- so confused now!

If anyone could help out on what would be the best that would be amazing!!
mr_cool
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im not sure about Caley court as I will be going to college but I had a look at Buchanan View and they looked alrite. I don't know if you have heard of Victoria Halls but they are just round the corner from Buchanan View and look pretty decent as well and cost around the same. Buchanan View is right next to Caley Court.

Im not sure if I will go to Buchanan View or Victoria Halls yet...
SmilerNuts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm sitting in Caley Court right now actually. I don't live here but I've been staying at my girlfriends for the last 2 weeks. It's a really nice place, the flat is spacious and the rent not too expensive. There are some double rooms where you'd have to share with someone else but the majority are single rooms. Doubles come with en-suite.
I_L_S
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Caley court is good for what you pay for. Buchanan view's customer service used to be very poor. My experience of Buchanan view is poor. I was in with people far older than me (5years was the closest to my age), 1 smoked in a non smoking flat & none of them went to caley. If you go to caley court your going to be among people who are at caley & get more friends at the uni so you'll always bump into someone you know. Buchanan view your socially limited.
kareid123
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
hey, yeah i think im going to go for caley court, its £1000 cheaper a year than buchanan view and i have to pay it myself! thanks for the help. x
mr_cool
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Anybody know if Victoria Hall is any better than buchanan view. Im going to college so can't stay in uni halls. Thanks
lucyb-90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
buchcanan view is nicer but victoria halls is cheaper and you get tv
mr_cool
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lucyb-90)
buchcanan view is nicer but victoria halls is cheaper and you get tv
Cool. Looking at the prices buchanan is about £5 more a week but comes with free internet and in vic halls you have to pay for it. Did you stay in one of them? I heard that buchanan view doesn't end up with that many people staying in it and they ended up with older people.
lucyb-90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
emm going into victoria halls this year. kind of regretting our decision though at the moment but we'll see come september. yeah you don't get internet in victoria halls but you get tv which you don't in buchanan so it's whichever you think is most important. i needed both anyway and to pay for the internet for a year was about the same price as a tv license.
mr_cool
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by lucyb-90)
emm going into victoria halls this year. kind of regretting our decision though at the moment but we'll see come september. yeah you don't get internet in victoria halls but you get tv which you don't in buchanan so it's whichever you think is most important. i needed both anyway and to pay for the internet for a year was about the same price as a tv license.
Cool, aye how much is it for the years internet in vic halls £150 or something? Why you kind of regretting your decision :questionm
lucyb-90
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
just because i think i'd rather have moved into a proper flat but ah well. will hopefully be banter! yeah £150 or £20 a week
tom.tom.
Report 11 years ago
I think im going to try go for Cally Court because of the people being older at Buchanan View and because there will be more people there from my own Uni. It says on the website that places are limited so I dunno if I would get in, I live an hour west of Glasgow.
hanban92
Report 9 years ago
Staying in caley court from the 9th anyone know if they send you a confromtion message?
and other social science people?
xx
connorgillies
Report 9 years ago
im moving in on the 9th as well.
Jross42
Report 9 years ago
Moving into cally court on sat been in already lookd quite nice,moving into harris block anyone else ???
Lassie.Lol
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Did you go to caley court? whats it like? Thinking of going there when i leave school soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads