geography or geography and economics degree ?

Watch
LH1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm currently in the process of looking at courses for university, and wish to study at a Russell group uni, and am 100% I want to do geography. However, I can't help but think if I did a course like a geography and Economics 50:50 I would be better prepared if I decide I want to go into the finance or banking. As i am what I unsure what i want to do. But have never done economics.
Is geography a respected degree?
Does it have good employment prospects?
Would employers in the finance sector prefer someone who did geography and economics?

Thanks for the help
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LH1234)
I'm currently in the process of looking at courses for university, and wish to study at a Russell group uni, and am 100% I want to do geography. However, I can't help but think if I did a course like a geography and Economics 50:50 I would be better prepared if I decide I want to go into the finance or banking. As i am what I unsure what i want to do. But have never done economics.
Would employers in the finance sector prefer someone who did geography and economics?

Thanks for the help
Finance/Banking jobs don't require you to have a specific degree. Pick the one you enjoy the most.
A02ft1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
In the UK at least, single honours are usually seen as better than double honours. So Economics or Geography > Economics & Geography.

Economics is generally regarded as a respected degree. Geography can get some tough rep [banter] sometimes, but seeing what Geographers work on, their degree seems quite future proof... I mean climate change effects us all and is getting worse, and managing climate change is a huge part of Geography.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LH1234)

Thanks for the help
Geography is fine for The Goldman Sachs :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads