Should I do economics or English lit at a level ?!?

Watch
Madison Atkinson
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
y other options so far are biology and chemistry and I’m stuck on deciding whether to pick English Literature or Economics. I’ve studied both at gcse I got an A* for English Literature but only a B for Economics.I was working at an A in econ throughout the 2 years but didn’t prioritise revision for it over my core subjects and unfortunately ended up with a grade I wasn’t pleased with .However I REALLY enjoy learning about the subject and motivation wouldn’t be an issue if it were to get hard at a level.On the other hand English lit I don’t enjoy as much at economics but I don’t find it boring. I’m also slightly put off by the fact that many people have told me english is Very time consuming which may be a problem considering I’m already choosing to difficult subjects .
I need advice ASAP as I have basically a week to make my mind up .It would be great to hear from someone who has studied similar a levels to this .btw I don’t know what I want to do for uni so I’m trying to keep my options open.
Please and thank you🙂
northernlass
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Madison Atkinson)
y other options so far are biology and chemistry and I’m stuck on deciding whether to pick English Literature or Economics. I’ve studied both at gcse I got an A* for English Literature but only a B for Economics.I was working at an A in econ throughout the 2 years but didn’t prioritise revision for it over my core subjects and unfortunately ended up with a grade I wasn’t pleased with .However I REALLY enjoy learning about the subject and motivation wouldn’t be an issue if it were to get hard at a level.On the other hand English lit I don’t enjoy as much at economics but I don’t find it boring. I’m also slightly put off by the fact that many people have told me english is Very time consuming which may be a problem considering I’m already choosing to difficult subjects .
I need advice ASAP as I have basically a week to make my mind up .It would be great to hear from someone who has studied similar a levels to this .btw I don’t know what I want to do for uni so I’m trying to keep my options open.
Please and thank you🙂
What are you thinking of doing after A-levels?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (20)
39.22%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (5)
9.8%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (2)
3.92%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (13)
25.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (6)
11.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
9.8%

Watched Threads