hlep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Let's just say I didn't exactly do well in year 12. Currently I'm doing Maths, Biology, Physics and Welsh Baccalaureate as my A-Levels. My exam board is WJEC. In maths I had an E in pure and an U in applied. In physics I had a D and E. In Biology I had two D's. In Welsh Baccalaureate I had a distinction (equivalent to an A). I'm hoping to drop either physics or maths for year 13 and use Welsh bacc in place of one of my A-Levels when I apply. The degree I want to go for only specifically requires biology A-level and will accept Welsh bacc in place of an A-Level. I'm unsure of which subject I should drop since for physics I could get away with only resitting one exam whilst in maths I'd have to resit both.

Also, won't my predicted grades for when I apply to uni be really low? The minimum entry requirements for the degree I want to pursue is CDD. If my predicted results are below the entry requirements will I be rejected and have to take a gap year?

Cheers.
Frowlands
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Drop maths than if going by AS alone your predictions will probably be distinction D D
hlep
Rep:
?
(Original post by Frowlands)
Drop maths than if going by AS alone your predictions will probably be distinction D D
Would the uni consider me if I had a distinction D D?
Frowlands
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hlep)
Would the uni consider me if I had a distinction D D?
The one with CDD grade requirements? Yeah I think they'd probably accept you with that
hlep
Rep:
?
(Original post by Frowlands)
The one with CDD grade requirements? Yeah I think they'd probably accept you with that
Good, thanks for the reply!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (157)
59.47%
No I haven't decided yet (61)
23.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.42%

Watched Threads