The Student Room Group

Jealous boyfriend

Hey guys.

I have a boyfriend who is nice to me and supports me and help me out when I'm sad and we have many things in common/interests etc but he is a boy who gets very jealous if other boys talk to me and what he calls it for "checks me out." He had a boy from my school who goes in the same class as me and he want to add me on snapchat and I did it. My boyfriend looks like he got jealous because was just visiting me yesterday and he removed this guy from my class from my snapchat without me noticing it. I think that is was stupid of him doing that. When we were talking on the phone and I was really happy to get into a new class just for get friends because i had many problems out of that and it was years before i got any friends but after a year they moved on and stopped talking to me. It was really sad and lonely years for me till i got a boyfriend. He said to me "don't talk to other boys or boys try to talk to you and you have got already friends and that is just friends who talks to my boyfriens and not me so much other than we're with them. We only goes to school to learn stuff." I felt really sad and disappointed of him when he said that to me. He gets jealous so fast and almost everything and i find it annoying. He has done other things to me with his jealousy. When we were in a car together and i have my makeup on because i wanted to. He says to me "you never wear makeup and you look better with makeup on and i find it mean but he said he was just kidding with me and he said can you just workout to get thigh gap but i have already that.

What do you guys think I should do?
i mean..jealousy IS a sign that he cares about you (alot), but if your source of comfort and happines is from him then stay with him
He sounds a little bit like he thinks he can tell you what to do. Controlling. Such people don't make good partners and they tend to get worse and worse if not challenged.

So... be more assertive, and if that doesn't work, eject him from your life. You really, really don't want a possessive, controlling boyfriend.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys.

I have a boyfriend who is nice to me and supports me and help me out when I'm sad and we have many things in common/interests etc but he is a boy who gets very jealous if other boys talk to me and what he calls it for "checks me out." He had a boy from my school who goes in the same class as me and he want to add me on snapchat and I did it. My boyfriend looks like he got jealous because was just visiting me yesterday and he removed this guy from my class from my snapchat without me noticing it. I think that is was stupid of him doing that. When we were talking on the phone and I was really happy to get into a new class just for get friends because i had many problems out of that and it was years before i got any friends but after a year they moved on and stopped talking to me. It was really sad and lonely years for me till i got a boyfriend. He said to me "don't talk to other boys or boys try to talk to you and you have got already friends and that is just friends who talks to my boyfriens and not me so much other than we're with them. We only goes to school to learn stuff." I felt really sad and disappointed of him when he said that to me. He gets jealous so fast and almost everything and i find it annoying. He has done other things to me with his jealousy. When we were in a car together and i have my makeup on because i wanted to. He says to me "you never wear makeup and you look better with makeup on and i find it mean but he said he was just kidding with me and he said can you just workout to get thigh gap but i have already that.

It isnt a sign he cares for you a lot. It is very bad news and shows how controlling and insecure he is. It is bad news and can get worse.

He will end up isolating you and trying to make you dependent on him.
A good bf would be supportive and relaxed for you to have a life of your own.

Anyway expect it to continue till you have had enough.
your boyfriend has every right
Reply 5
jelously becomes mainly from insecurity, if i were you i would tell him seriously not to worry at all because you like him so much, if he does not stop being too 'controlling' he might not be the best person for you at the moment because it will become an unhealthy relationship if he does not realise and change his faults
Reply 6
Original post by Jesterman

hi
Reply 7
dump him dump him dump him dump him there are so many f!ckin red flags coming from this post please dump him!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 8
i am absolutely begging you to dump this piece of sh!t this is controlling behaviour and you deserve someone better please get out of this relationship i am begging you do not hear him out three strikes he is gone please stay safe
Original post by Jesterman

No he doesn't
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys.

He sounds really insecure and you will see another side of him.

It can turn into him:

Being controlling.
Only letting you live the life he wants for you rather than supporting and trusting you in your choices.
No respect of privacy.

He should trust you to make your own choices.
You can choose the friends you want.
You can wear make up to please yourself.
He should stay off your phone.

Are you allowed to tell him who he can talk to?
Do you go through his phone?

You will find he gets worse and thinks he owns you. Duh 2 months ago....
(edited 5 years ago)
You were lonely until you met him, so you’re willing to accept any old crap because you have someone. It’s much better to be alone than with an abusive partner.

He doesn’t want you to talk to other guys - controlling. He wants you to wear make-up and change your physical appearance - controlling. Jealousy is healthy in small doses, but his behavior is a sign of insecurity and not love. I know this is an old thread, but I hope you run for the hills.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending