The Student Room Group

Asking someone out online

Recently broke up with gf so decided to talk to girls online. I have really started to hit it off with one girl and we have been talking for a few days. She only lives down the road and I want to meet up, however I never asked out a girl online before only ever in person. So I don't know what I should say without coming off desperate or creepy basically. Also she 2 years older than me, she 19 and I am 17.
Reply 1
Why dont you ask to meet up if she only lives down the road? say it in person
Reply 2
Just ask her the same way as you would in real life
you can either wait for a few weeks until ur both in comfort zones and then ask....or you can just politely ask her if you two wanna meet up for a coffee or something....idk
Reply 4
Original post by AlexW324
Why dont you ask to meet up if she only lives down the road? say it in person

I know it sounds so simple, but idk it just seems weird doing it online with a person I have never physically met.
Makes it easier if she lives just down the road. Just say something like “wanna go hang out for a bit?” Or “wanna go grab something to eat?”
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
So I don't know what I should say without coming off desperate or creepy basically. Also she 2 years older than me, she 19 and I am 17.

"I'm going to be in town at the weekend doing xyz, then afterwards i might just go home.

hey, if you are bored or got nothing else to do, do you fancy meeting up after i do xyz"

[xyz could be anything, you could even use the word "errands"]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending