The Student Room Group

I failed A levels Im wondering about retakes

So I failed.
I took 3 A levels. The old Maths Edexcel A level, the new AQA english A level and the new AQA Chemistry A level. I got DUB.
My question is if I were to retake the whole Chemistry a level how much would it cost? Would I have to pay for the practical too?
If I were to retake my English exams, would I have to redo my coursework as well and pay for it too?
Seeing as its the old maths specification, am I able to resit these exams?

If people are gonna ask, why don't you just retake at your sixth form, I just waste time there and I revise there in lesson time on **** I don't need. The real reason I failed was that I revise in the early morning into late afternoon and I also put no effort whatsoever into revision. Not even sitting down and reading any of the revision guides at all. But this was a big wakeup call. I've always been that person that put no effort in and just get A's but then A levels came along and took me off my pedestal.

Basically my necessity is to resit chemistry a level and a few of my maths exams but I'm also thinking i might as well resit english if I don't have to redo the coursework.

No I still don't know what I want to do with my life or what degree. Please do give your opinions on what I should do.
Original post by inchorent
So I failed.
I took 3 A levels. The old Maths Edexcel A level, the new AQA english A level and the new AQA Chemistry A level. I got DUB.
My question is if I were to retake the whole Chemistry a level how much would it cost? Would I have to pay for the practical too?
If I were to retake my English exams, would I have to redo my coursework as well and pay for it too?
Seeing as its the old maths specification, am I able to resit these exams?

I can't tell you what it will cost as exam centres can charge whatever they like on top of the basic exam fee and prices vary widely. Ask your exams officer, they will be the cheapest IF they will take you.
In answer to your other questions
You don't need to retake the chemistry practical, you can carry forward the practical endorsement.
You don't need to retake english coursework
All units of modular A level maths are available to resit in summer 2019.

Quick Reply

Latest