The Student Room Group

The Official 2018 'Share your A level options' thread

The Official Share your A level Options thread!

The new academic year is almost upon us. Holiday work is (hopefully!) almost completed and you've probably at least started to get together all the stuff you need to start A levelsin the next couple of weeks.
You may not have friends starting the same subjects, so why not make some by filling out these questions and looking out for people with the same or mostly the same subjects?

What subjects are you taking?
What exam boards? (if known)
What is your ultimate aspiration?
Any other comments?

If you find someone and want to talk, you can chat in the 2018-2019 year 12 thread :h:
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi everyone,

I'm doing as of now:

Maths - OCR
Further Maths - OCR
English Lit - Cambridge Pre-U
History - Edexcel

Also interested in economics and geography and don't know whether to switch one in order for a more balanced potential Oxbridge application. Any advice guys? Thanks
Original post by Lemur14
The Official Share your A level Options thread!

The new academic year is almost upon us. Holiday work is (hopefully!) almost completed and you've probably at least started to get together all the stuff you need to start A levelsin the next couple of weeks.
You may not have friends starting the same subjects, so why not make some by filling out these questions and looking out for people with the same or mostly the same subjects?

What subjects are you taking?
What exam boards? (if known)
What is your ultimate aspiration?
Any other comments?

If you find someone and want to talk, you can chat in the 2018-2019 year 12 thread :h:
PRSOM
(edited 5 years ago)
Starting a levels this year, taking:
Maths (Edexcel)
Chemistry (Edexcel)
Music (Edexcel)
German (Eduqas)
Hoping to get As and above at A level :smile:
Chemistry (AQA)
Biology (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)
Geography (AQA)

Hope to get great grades at A Level but don't know what to do at university yet!
English Literature
Philosophy
Classical Civilisation

No idea what I’m going to do at Uni, RIP
Maths
English combined
Economics
Physics

Hoping to get into Oxbridge or a Russell group
Maths
Economics
Philosophy
Business Studies (as a +1 subject)

Want to go to LSE but doubt I'll get in or Manchester Uni
Maths (aqa)
Biology (aqa)
Chemistry (Ocr a)
I want to study medicine in the future and get good grades at a level
Maths (Edexcel)
Chemistry (AQA)
Biology (AQA)

As for university, I’m not too sure at the moment.
Hey, I’m taking edexcel maths and further maths (might just do AS idk yet) and OCR A chemistry and physics! My ultimate aspiration is to change the world somehow but for the short term a science degree is the aim, aspirationally natsci at cambridge (a girl can dream) but I wouldn’t mind staying close to home and going to Manchester or Keele x
Reply 11
Maths & Further Maths physics and chemistry (all OCR) would love to do naturaal sciences at Cambridge
Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics ( AQA)
I want to do medicine at manchester or leeds :smile:

English literature (OCR)

English language (AQA)

Chemistry (AQA)

I aspire to study English literature (or possibly linguistics or English language) at a Russel Group university. I want to pursue a career in teaching English in the future and spread my love and passion for the subject to others.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by modus operandi
Hey, I’m taking edexcel maths and further maths (might just do AS idk yet) and OCR A chemistry and physics! My ultimate aspiration is to change the world somehow but for the short term a science degree is the aim, aspirationally natsci at cambridge (a girl can dream) but I wouldn’t mind staying close to home and going to Manchester or Keele x

I'm doing the same but with WJEC on all of mine🙄. I hope you achieve what you want!
Original post by Alexandra Diemel
do u remember any of the questions from the 2018 english a level exam?

No, I didn't take it. Even if I did, why would I tell anyone seeing as it's locked from the public?
maths (aqa)
english lit (aqa)
psychology (aqa)

hoping to do psychology at uni:smile: ideally i'd like to do something w mental health but we'll see what happens:lol:
English Lit
History
Economics
Maths

I don't even know if I'm going to school for A Levels!
want to study English Lit, Politics, Economics or Law at uni :smile:

Quick Reply