Frowlands
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I can't do any freshers stuff as strobe lights + epilepsy does not equal a good time but after looking at Facebook, talking to coursemates and flatmates I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one staying in.
I know Brighton is known for its nightlife so I guess that's making me think there are more partiers there than your average uni so is anyone else staying in?
Brocolli123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I feel same, I'm pretty introverted. I do go out drinking maybe once a month with friends but clubbing and dancing to ear bursting EDM doesn't sound good at all. I'd rather have a few people over my flat to chat and drink. I'm sure you will find more people like you when you start and join societies and meet people on your course
Frowlands
Rep:
?
(Original post by Brocolli123)
I feel same, I'm pretty introverted. I do go out drinking maybe once a month with friends but clubbing and dancing to ear bursting EDM doesn't sound good at all. I'd rather have a few people over my flat to chat and drink. I'm sure you will find more people like you when you start and join societies and meet people on your course
Thanks, that's reassuring
Erik28
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey

Second year here. There's loads of people in your boat, so don't sweat it Are you halls or house in town?

Make sure you go to Freshers Fair as well to see the clubs and societies that are available to join to meet other students who arent alcohol focused
Frowlands
Rep:
?
(Original post by Erik28)
Hey

Second year here. There's loads of people in your boat, so don't sweat it Are you halls or house in town?

Make sure you go to Freshers Fair as well to see the clubs and societies that are available to join to meet other students who arent alcohol focused
Thanks that always good to hear. I'm moving into halls and yeah I was thinking about joining a couple of societies
monkeyman0121
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am not also. But I am going to my welcome week to my course so that should do fine. Also I will join up some societies.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Frowlands)
I can't do any freshers stuff as strobe lights + epilepsy does not equal a good time but after looking at Facebook, talking to coursemates and flatmates I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one staying in.
I know Brighton is known for its nightlife so I guess that's making me think there are more partiers there than your average uni so is anyone else staying in?
I stayed in during my uni freshers and it hasn't negatively impacted me.
CTLeafez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm about to go into my 3rd year and I haven't been out clubbing once at Uni :')

I don't regret it at all. Uni brings together people of all tastes so I'm certain you'll find some more house-party sort of people.

Although tbf I've promised my clubbing friends I'd go out clubbing this year so wish me luck :')
Frowlands
Rep:
?
(Original post by monkeyman0121)
I am not also. But I am going to my welcome week to my course so that should do fine. Also I will join up some societies.
Yeah I'm planning on doing the same

(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I stayed in during my uni freshers and it hasn't negatively impacted me.
That's nice to know

(Original post by CTLeafez)
I'm about to go into my 3rd year and I haven't been out clubbing once at Uni :'

I don't regret it at all. Uni brings together people of all tastes so I'm certain you'll find some more house-party sort of people.

Although tbf I've promised my clubbing friends I'd go out clubbing this year so wish me luck :'
Okay, that's helpful and good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Brighton
    Brighton City campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Brighton
    Brighton Moulsecoomb campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19
  • University of Brighton
    Postgraduate train to teach event Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (55)
67.9%
No I haven't decided yet (17)
20.99%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
11.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed