The Student Room Group

AQA and Edexcel help

I'm studying for my GCSE maths retake online ready to sit the exam in May/June at my local school. The syllabus for all the studying is AQA specifically AQA GCSE MATHEMATICS SPECIFICATION 8300.

I have looked at my schools recent exams taken this year and the three mathematics exams were Edexcel papers. Will this prevent me from taking the exam? Should I refund my AQA syllabus and try to find an Edexcel one or are the differences minimal? This will be foundation tier. I have emailed the school to ask but not received a response yet and slightly worried about leaving it too late to reimburse the course!

Thank you in advance.
Reply 1
Has this school agreed to accept you as a private candidate?
Have you checked that they are happy to enter you for AQA?
Very few schools accept private candidates at all but the majority that do will accept you for either board.
If you can't do it there then just find an alternative centre that does accept private candidates.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
Has this school agreed to accept you as a private candidate?
Have you checked that they are happy to enter you for AQA?
Very few schools accept private candidates at all but the majority that do will accept you for either board.
If you can't do it there then just find an alternative centre that does accept private candidates.

Thanks for the response, I checked prior that they accept external candidates which they do and they are going to get in contact with the exams officer who will give me further details on how to apply and when, plus the cost etc. I am just unsure on whether they will enter me for AQA I didn't realise there was any difference annoyingly and have already paid for my GCSE AQA syllabus! But I do still have time to cancel if they tell me it needs to be an Edexcel syllabus. As long as they get back to me sooner rather than later.

Quick Reply

Latest