Should I join the Exam Board Facebook sites?

Watch this thread
Gatsbysdog
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
In short, a massive YES!

Exam boards give out lots of good advice and help on their Facebook pages. They tell teachers how to get round rules they have to follow, which they aren’t allowed to put in the paperwork they send to schools. Last year, there were lots of tips between posters that helped everyone.

Last year, I set a homework task for all of my pupils to join OCR and AQA Facebook pages. About a third of them managed to get them into thinking they were teachers and let them join. Once they joined, they had a lot of “fun” on some of the threads as well as getting useful information.

It is my first homework for the coming year for year 10.
lowza
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I'm pretty sure you're not meant to, so I would doubt this is the best advice to give as a teacher. Nevertheless, they are super useful if you do get on them. Most of my teachers, knowing students aren't suppose to access these pages, would just share with us what they found.
passionfruitgirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
LOL!!!!

The first thing our computing teacher did last year (in the one lesson I had on the first day back before switching to stats) was to give us a list of facebook sites to join for homework. Anyone can join a facebook site but sometimes you need to be approved. I don't know why anyone would set them up if they were meant to be secure. Even I know that's pretty dumb as they aren't really secure. I am a member of lots of facebook sites for most of my other subjects. Some were set up by exam boards and some are just teachers swapping information and files and examples.

Definitely join if you can fool them into approving you as they can be helpful.
AnnoyedTeach
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The teacher who posted this could find this to go against them, as it is in breach of the teaching standards that all teachers must follow whilst in the profession.

Unless of course, this person is no longer a teacher and has made the account to post this dribble as a way to stick it to the profession.

Don't falsify your identity (fraud), to gain access to social media groups made for teachers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (84)
19.18%
The paper was reasonable (167)
38.13%
Not feeling great about that exam... (118)
26.94%
It was TERRIBLE (69)
15.75%

Watched Threads