The Student Room Group

I'm worried to start my gcses this year

I'm taking triple science, geography, history and French plus further maths should i be worried
Chill, it’s GCSE, you won’t be worried if you put in the work.
Original post by h2w17lol
I'm taking triple science, geography, history and French plus further maths should i be worried

no you shouldn't i'm taking mine this year as well and while im a bit nervous i'm trying not to worry to much because i know that in the end if you study well enough you will get the grades you need.
Nope. Just finished Year 10 and tbh I feel I worked harder in Year 9. Just pay attention in class, make good notes and you will be fine. In 10 years time you will be wondering why you were so worried about it.
Chill man, i did my gcses this year, got my results back 5 days ago and it IS EASY. Trust me
I also did further maths and got an A* in it, just go through the textbook and do past papers , its super easy
i got 7A*1A1B, (2 9s, 3 8s and 2A*), and my 6 was in language (which im getting remarked), If you want grades similar to mine heres what i Did, :
Study for every mini test properly
STUDY FOR YOUR MOCKS (i procrastinated and always revised the night before but it was for a mock so it really helped)
Start making notes a couple months before ur exams , i made notes for phys chem and geo and it didnt take too long.
Start revising for ur exams 1 month early (like daily revision) and u only need to do 1-2 hours a day. If you procrastinate like i did then u can do 6+ hours the night before and still do fine.
I started 2 weeks before my exams btw.
Not encouraging last min cramming xD But im just saying its the quality of ur revision and not ur quantity, the reason i could start only 2 weeks before my exams was because i had done revising for everything back in my mocks, so it was purely revision.
You dont need to study 10 hours a day, you dont need to start in september, just chill for now and do your homework and listen in class for the first 4 months :smile: You got this

Quick Reply

Latest