The Student Room Group

Views on posh people

Opinions?
Can't stand them. Think they're better than people, should give most of that money to people who need it
[video="youtube;v5gl9ep1zP8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5gl9ep1zP8[/video]
Do you mean posh as in upper class? Or snobby? It really depends what you mean by posh.

Some people would call me posh because of my ‘proper’ accent and the fact that my family is wealthy, but personally I don’t consider myself posh.
Reply 4
Lolwut. Some posh people are alright. Some are not. I don't judge people based on the family they come from.
Don't generalize. Just take individuals as you find them without making assumptions. People can't help where they're born, and stereotypes about "posh people" are likely to be as incorrect and untrue as stereotypes about "non posh people" or any other group. Keep an open mind, get out and meet people, and get past the assumptions. People are just people.
Posh as in the wealthy, upper class sense
I dont encounter many most times. But when I was at uni I had to keep going toe to toe with the smug pricks. Stick up for myself when we got stuck in groups together because some of them underestimated how charming and clever I can be. I always was gassed for group presentations to showcase what I know and that I can tie a necktie and that lol. My past is my past, my background is my background, but I'm a full grown capable man so don't try it. We had to have some private meetings with higher ups because the problems would get so bad they'd need to intervene. So they back down. They bought their way there judging by their literacy or maths skills. I earned my way. I have to steadily build my work experience for even a shot at a proper career, while they just apprentice for a couple months and get placed.

But what bothers me more than the real posh, is the fake posh. Pretentious trash, the ones with cheap tanner and shite weaves and lip fillers and wearing flamboyant knockoffs living in council flats acting like they're the cast of Love Island. Piss off. Own your inner chav.
Original post by Going Back
Don't generalize. Just take individuals as you find them without making assumptions. People can't help where they're born, and stereotypes about "posh people" are likely to be as incorrect and untrue as stereotypes about "non posh people" or any other group. Keep an open mind, get out and meet people, and get past the assumptions. People are just people.

This is the best approach. Similar to how 'not all posh/upper class people are irritating', you can just as easily say 'not all working class are great'.

Really it comes down to the individual. I've met some awesome upper class folks.
Reply 9
Original post by HippoRhino3
[video="youtube;v5gl9ep1zP8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5gl9ep1zP8[/video]

i c o n i c
This.

Rich kids are usually the snobby ones.
It can be distilled even further. If someone inherited their wealth and isnt smug then they’re still a pleasant person to me.

You get plenty of people who did earn their wealth and are hugely irritating people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending