Muserock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Amesmaz)
I got a D in both GCSE Maths and Science at school can I resit these at night college and still train to be a teacher? I know the rules have changed in terms of the way professional test so I’m wondering if they would accept that as it’s 2 years part time training whilst you work and get paid in a school. Thanks x
I re-sat my Science GCSE but had my result before I applied to the University. Of the ones on my course who re-sat a GCSE, all of them had to meet the condition before the course started. My advice would be to get the GCSE under your belt before you apply because teacher training courses are competitive.
Claudette
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Amesmaz)
I got a D in both GCSE Maths and Science at school can I resit these at night college and still train to be a teacher? I know the rules have changed in terms of the way professional test so I’m wondering if they would accept that as it’s 2 years part time training whilst you work and get paid in a school. Thanks x
Do you mean do them while training? If so, no you can’t, you have to have them done before you start the course. However, you can put results as pending if you sitting them this year.
I did my maths in 17/18 and started my ITT last September.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (491)
59.52%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.21%
No- I want it (235)
28.48%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.79%

Watched Threads