Which news sources do you trust/use?

Watch
qwertyK
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I use RT (highly recommend) as well as several news sites on the left and on the right.
Angel_Chen
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does INstagram count? lol jk don't trust any 100%
username4212292
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
lol, RT?
username3825312
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Imho BBC are the least biased source of news these days. RT is very clearly biased to make Russia look good (I mean, they're funded by the Russian gov, what do you expect, it's made up of oligarchs), garbage like Daily Mail, the Sun and the like are just not worth even looking at, and then a bunch of things are either extremely left-wing biased or extremely right-wing biased.

BBC is a safe bet, but you should always check info with a lot of different sources and use common sense as you can never trust any source of info to tell you completely unbiased facts 100% of the time.
qwertyK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bezaras)
Imho BBC are the least biased source of news these days. RT is very clearly biased to make Russia look good (I mean, they're funded by the Russian gov, what do you expect, it's made up of oligarchs), garbage like Daily Mail, the Sun and the like are just not worth even looking at, and then a bunch of things are either extremely left-wing biased or extremely right-wing biased.

BBC is a safe bet, but you should always check info with a lot of different sources and use common sense as you can never trust any source of info to tell you completely unbiased facts 100% of the time.
BBC hardly reports anything. I hear that a lot about RT. It's rubbish. Yes there are pro-Russia articles on there, but ultimately most of their news is about what's happening in the UK or US. They have both left wing and right wing personalities on there and articles in both favour. They have anyone from Alex Jones to George Galloway on there. RT has very good analyasis. It reports on many events that wouldn't be reported by the BBC. I think the BBC does have some bias, but ultimately both the left and the right accuse it of being biased to one side. I just think it doesn't report on much.
qwertyK
Rep:
?
(Original post by HippoRhino3)
lol, RT?
If you read it, you would find its actually quite good.
qwertyK
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bezaras)

Yeah I use a few web sites. I try and get both sides take on it.
ax7fold
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
CNN
qwertyK
Rep:
?
(Original post by ax7fold)
CNN
Hope you are joking.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don’t trust any so I have to watch/read many sources and deduce the truth of it myself.
MrDystopia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
BBC, FT, Independent, Bloomberg, AP, Reuters.

Reddit and Twitter - Use these to pull information from multiple sources, so I don’t really care where the news come from providing I can see similar stories from multiple sources, whilst keeping in mind their bias. For example I know anything on Fox will be heavily slanted towards the current administration. Anything Guardian will be left leaning, etc.

Stuff like the Sun I tend to disregard entirely.
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
People saying RT and CNN 😂
qwertyK
Rep:
?
(Original post by MrDystopia)
BBC, FT, Independent, Bloomberg, AP, Reuters.

Reddit and Twitter - Use these to pull information from multiple sources, so I don’t really care where the news come from providing I can see similar stories from multiple sources, whilst keeping in mind their bias. For example I know anything on Fox will be heavily slanted towards the current administration. Anything Guardian will be left leaning, etc.

Stuff like the Sun I tend to disregard entirely.
The independent has a Liberal bias as so all those other sources have a globalist bias. I read some guardian articles. I don't agree with 99% of what it says but the quality of the articles are actually very good. AP and reuters don't really have any bias but are pretty barebones in their reporting
qwertyK
Rep:
?
(Original post by paul514)
People saying RT and CNN 😂
RT has viewpoints from the left and the right. CNN is just fake news.
MrDystopia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by qwertyK)
The independent has a Liberal bias as so all those other sources have a globalist bias. I read some guardian articles. I don't agree with 99% of what it says but the quality of the articles are actually very good. AP and reuters don't really have any bias but are pretty barebones in their reporting
Yup, I think it’s just worth keeping in mind and looking at the same story from several sources to discern what’s happening. The problem is when people only accept news from a single source as gospel.
qwertyK
Rep:
?
Fox News has to be the most biased, ridiculous News ever. Does the US not have something like IPSO? It's so obviously biased. And the dreaded PragerU (not really news but its even more biased than Fox)
The Financier
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
BBC for morning catch-up and live coverage of politics/breaking news
City AM, FT, WSJ, Bloomberg for general stuff and business-related news
Reddit, Twitter for absolute minute-by-minute coverage that hasn't been verified
PhilanderingBum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I use RT (highly recommend) as well as several news sites on the left and on the right.
I just use BBC news for my basic news and ignore all the feminist/leftist propaganda that gets thrown in the mix. If I want news on hotbutton issues, I'll usually go to a variety of independent media channels on youtube.
qwertyK
Rep:
?
(Original post by PhilanderingBum)
I just use BBC news for my basic news and ignore all the feminist/leftist propaganda that gets thrown in the mix. If I want news on hotbutton issues, I'll usually go to a variety of independent media channels on youtube.
When you say leftist do you mean Liberal? Many on the left like George Galloway think the BBC is biased to the right. Guess he could be considered far left
PhilanderingBum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When you say leftist do you mean Liberal? Many on the left like George Galloway think the BBC is biased to the right. Guess he could be considered far left
I'm referring to the "progressive", identity-politics obsessed brand of leftism. To be fair, I'm seeing less of those sorts of articles now. A few months ago, it seemed like there was a new article on women's rights every single day. Only recentl, the BBC released a mini-documentary that actually attempted to provide a balanced look at the migrant crisis in Sweden
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (494)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (613)
41.56%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (300)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.61%

Watched Threads