The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Accomodation- is there anything that can be done to try and group people?

Hello, I'm Muslim, and as a Muslim I have a very different lifestyle to my fellow students, This year will be my first year of attending University, I have signed up and paid for my deposit for my accommodation already (Although it hasn't been confirmed I am to live there yet)
I am worried of becoming an outcast to my fellow flatmates as I will not be going out drinking like most will.
I was wondering if there is a way of putting me with people similar to me, so I wont have to deal with this eventuality.
Hi Dexter212,

To find out whether or not you can be placed with similar people to you, I would contact the accommodation team via:
Emaill: [email protected]
Telephone: 01509 274488

However, in regards to your queries about not fitting in, I really wouldn't worry. There's a diverse student population at Loughborough, and not each student likes to drink. You'll find that there are more students that don't drink than you would think. There are also day time activities that you can get involved with that don't involve drinking, these will be released with the other Freshers' events. There are also clubs and societies that you can join to find people that are similar to you. There is also an Islamic society, so you could find people that also practice the same religion as you, and so have a similar lifestyle to you. :smile:

Hope this helps.

Priya :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending