The Student Room Group

Student Finance

Hi
I am now doing my placement as I finished 2 years at uni and October I will start my third year.
I am now working for almost 1 y and a half and thinking to apply for a EU Migrant worker maintenance as I am under 25 working and studying in the same time.
Both of my parents are working in the EU Countries.

I wanted to apply for it as I thought I have the right to, but I came into the UK on 13 th of September 2015 as the Uni advised me to because I was starting courses on 21 of Sept so I had time to accommodate.
Now The student Finance is telling me that I am not eligible because I had to be here from 1 st of September and I am later with 12 days. Felling so frustrated because that would of been a really big help for me in y 3 and if I knew I could come earlier. I can t see the connection as I am only applying for y2, not 1 or 2.
Do you think I still have a chance to be eligible? Should I appeal it?

Please any thoughts/opinions will be greatly appreaciated

Thank you so much
Original post by Student 2303
Hi
I am now doing my placement as I finished 2 years at uni and October I will start my third year.
I am now working for almost 1 y and a half and thinking to apply for a EU Migrant worker maintenance as I am under 25 working and studying in the same time.
Both of my parents are working in the EU Countries.

I wanted to apply for it as I thought I have the right to, but I came into the UK on 13 th of September 2015 as the Uni advised me to because I was starting courses on 21 of Sept so I had time to accommodate.
Now The student Finance is telling me that I am not eligible because I had to be here from 1 st of September and I am later with 12 days. Felling so frustrated because that would of been a really big help for me in y 3 and if I knew I could come earlier. I can t see the connection as I am only applying for y2, not 1 or 2.
Do you think I still have a chance to be eligible? Should I appeal it?

Please any thoughts/opinions will be greatly appreaciated

Thank you so much

Hi there,

This is one of the eligibility criteria that you must meet to be able to apply as a Migrant Worker. You need to be resident in England on or before 1st September in your first year.

Thanks Erin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending