Revision Watch

Brogan Nancy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I am doing my gcses in 2020 when should I start revising ?
monostable
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Brogan Nancy)
You don't need to revise until you're in Year 11.
pennycat37
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Try to make summary notes throughout your GCSE courses and in the best case, start going over them (or whatever methods you think work best for you) in March 2020. There is no need to begin any earlier.
If you're organised enough to be somebody who revises for small, mid-term tests then keep your revision resources from those and you'll thank yourself. If not, maybe try to revise properly for at least your mocks; done properly these should highlight any gaps in your knowledge or exam technique in time for you to fill them.
Good luck, try not to stress too much! GCSEs are intimidating but should not rule over your life so early.
elsielauren
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m also doing my GCSEs in 2020 and teachers have told me to go back over the work over the summer and then use year 11 as a revision year. Hope this helps!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
dy03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd highly recommend revising over the summer. Maybe just 90 mins a day and if your staying in the house doing nothing all day you can maybe do 2 1/2 hours or something. It's not that much whenever you think about and I wish I did that now.
(Original post by elsielauren)
I’m also doing my GCSEs in 2020 and teachers have told me to go back over the work over the summer and then use year 11 as a revision year. Hope this helps!
mez_merising
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yess use your summer wisely! but remember to relax, year 11 will go quicker than you realise
omreet
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Brogan Nancy)
same!! I'm doing GCSE in 2020 and I feel like revising throughout the summer at the end of year 10 will really get me ready and prepared for the exams whilst still having a small break to do the things I love! I feel comfortable doing about 5-6 hours a day and I would normally start at like 7:30am and then have the whole day off!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.75%
The paper was reasonable (1172)
54.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (467)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (180)
8.34%

Watched Threads