The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever developed feelings for someone they never met?

Like just video called/ messaged/ snapped but never had met them in person until later on??
I have before it took me a while, but in my situation it didn't end well so I tend not to keep my distance from people I meet online unless I meet them in person or if I know I'm planning to meet them. But I have yeah :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by patrycja2017
I have before it took me a while, but in my situation it didn't end well so I tend not to keep my distance from people I meet online unless I meet them in person or if I know I'm planning to meet them. But I have yeah :smile:

A guy spoke to me for 2 days and told me at first I liked you as a person, now I like you more than that.
You are attractive and your personality makes me attached to you....
He has video called at night and spoke to me.. sends me sweet messages..
tells me he wants me and stuff
I like his personality but I am not attracted to him
Oh yes definitely but you can't always have what you want
Reply 4
Original post by scotsman7
Oh yes definitely but you can't always have what you want

I thought it wasn't possible unless u met in person
Original post by Anonymous
A guy spoke to me for 2 days and told me at first I liked you as a person, now I like you more than that.

Obviously you've had different experiences to me, so you might see this differently ; if you're not attracted to him but like his personality you could suggest just staying close friends and maybe see if it develops? Personally, I don't like online "relationships" and I try not to get into any, but there's nothing wrong with being friends with someone you've never met.

2 days is a little soon to develop feelings for someone... i think you should be careful and cautious about it
However relationships can work online with you meeting someone later but if u plan on doing something like that remember these 2 things:
1) ALWAYS MEET IN PUBLIC. Never go to their house or somewhere secluded
2) DON'T GO ALONE even if you just ask a friend to drop you off and stay 5 minutes to make sure they are who they said they are
This is just for your safety's sake. After that time you can see them alone and in public...and then after that you could see then in a less busy place. Just do things safely and at your own pace.
ps: i'm currently dating someone who i met online (i met them in person quite recently and they are exactly who they said they are and we had the best time so it is possible you just have to be safe about it)
I thought it wasn't possible unless u met in person

Yes it's possible, but not always accepted
Yes. I fell in love and got pregnant. We met for the first time in the delivery room.

this is after two days lol?? what a fast-paced relationship.
Reply 10
Yes years ago, over the process of a few months I fell for him. :/ Realized we would never meet so I broke it off after around a year.
Reply 11
Like just video called/ messaged/ snapped but never had met them in person until later on??

Yeah it's happened to me numerous times cus I'm so shy and nervous so I usually just send a snap and then we talk for like a month n next time I see them unexpectedly I don't talk. It's best to stay away from social media with those things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending