Sociology help needed Watch

Ramish
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I have never studied sociology in my life but i found it very intresting so i have decided to choose it as my A levels subject but my concern is that will i be able to do it in a year as i have to give both As and A levels sociology paper together
lolapop98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
hello does anyone want to grab an a level aqa sociology revision guide? its fairly new and im selling it off for a cheaper price, feel free to add me on tsr or snapchat:jusslolaa and ill provide further details.
lolapop98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Ramish)
I have never studied sociology in my life but i found it very intresting so i have decided to choose it as my A levels subject but my concern is that will i be able to do it in a year as i have to give both As and A levels sociology paper together
hello Ramish would you like to grab an a level aqa sociology revision guide? its fairly new and im selling it off for a cheaper price, feel free to add me on tsr or snapchat:jusslolaa and ill provide further details.
also ill be able to help you with tips on A level on Sociology as i did it last year
Zaynah-yuna
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm surprised that you are doing a AS and a full A2 as some colleges are cutting that down giving AS exams to only those doing a 1 year course and A2 for 2 years unless the teacher really think you can do it. You wouldn't also do a AS and a A2 in the same year...

Revision tips-
For me I just finished my AS exam and I would full on recommend that you have a full list of units with you. I didn't get to know what my Final course unit until 2 months prior which meant I had to learn a few crital Info pieces without the help of teachers but solely on books. With this, confront your teacher and ask them to give you a list of what you will be learning for the year and future lessons topic so you can prep ahead of time and make sure you aren't missing anything. Ask them for their book recommendations as the ones used by school didn't make as much sense compared to the ones that was recommended by my teacher (the book published by Pearson (revision guide and workbook) is by far the best)

Revision techniques I used was to always sit and be friends with the smartest kid/group In the class as you will be partnered up with them and they can help you in and out of lessons. Always write your notes in school and type it up later so you can double check your written information and make clean notes for revision. For me and my friends we did a system where each was assign to a teacher or unit and in that lesson one of us would do the notes and share them on a Dropbox/Google file and another would do the same for their assigned teacher.

If you can get a photocopies of your book, separate them by units and highlight them as you go through. It helped me a lot as reading from books was too difficult for me. Print out different sources online on certain topics you may think u could be struggling on. For a relaxed study sesh search up YouTubers such as IbzMo and see their revision tips also
Bambi_5218
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Zaynah-yuna)
I'm surprised that you are doing a AS and a full A2 as some colleges are cutting that down giving AS exams to only those doing a 1 year course and A2 for 2 years unless the teacher really think you can do it. You wouldn't also do a AS and a A2 in the same year...

Revision tips-
For me I just finished my AS exam and I would full on recommend that you have a full list of units with you. I didn't get to know what my Final course unit until 2 months prior which meant I had to learn a few crital Info pieces without the help of teachers but solely on books. With this, confront your teacher and ask them to give you a list of what you will be learning for the year and future lessons topic so you can prep ahead of time and make sure you aren't missing anything. Ask them for their book recommendations as the ones used by school didn't make as much sense compared to the ones that was recommended by my teacher (the book published by Pearson (revision guide and workbook) is by far the best)

Revision techniques I used was to always sit and be friends with the smartest kid/group In the class as you will be partnered up with them and they can help you in and out of lessons. Always write your notes in school and type it up later so you can double check your written information and make clean notes for revision. For me and my friends we did a system where each was assign to a teacher or unit and in that lesson one of us would do the notes and share them on a Dropbox/Google file and another would do the same for their assigned teacher.

If you can get a photocopies of your book, separate them by units and highlight them as you go through. It helped me a lot as reading from books was too difficult for me. Print out different sources online on certain topics you may think u could be struggling on. For a relaxed study sesh search up YouTubers such as IbzMo and see their revision tips also
this was so helpful thank you aha !!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (68)
15.74%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (44)
10.19%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (81)
18.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
14.12%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (46)
10.65%
How can I be the best version of myself? (132)
30.56%

Watched Threads