The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by ssejica
Just found out I’m going to be in temporary shared accommodation in Lindsay 😬 can anyone tell me what is actually like?

Lindsay hall or court? (Also Bump*)
Otherwise you may have already read this but

Consider carefully whether or not you feel able to share a room with someone you don't know before accepting

You only pay 50% of the total room cost whilst sharing

It will not necessarily be your permanent room

You will be offered your own room at the earliest opportunity

Temporary shared rooms are single rooms with bunk beds

It is not possible to share on a permanent basis

Don't bring too many belongings until you have your own room

We are unable to indicate how long you will have to share

You will only share with a person of the same gender

It is important to respect your roommate and their privacy

We ask that you do not have guests in your room while you are sharing

You may refuse two alternative room offers, but will have to move to the third room we offer you

Once you refuse a room, your priority is lowered and you will go to the bottom of the lis

Where possible we will offer a room in your current block because we know that you might have made friends, but can’t guarantee this

We will email you and your roommate to let you know that a room has become available

We recommend that you both go and look at the room

You both decide who will move:

This may depend on the type of room and what either of you can afford

One of you may have friends nearby

If one of you accepts the room, you will have 3 days in which to move and you will both need to accept a new contract

From the point of accepting a new contract, you will both be charged the full room rate

Should you refuse a room offer, it will be offered to another pair of students sharing a room and will be noted on your accommodation records. You should be aware that it may take some time before we can make another room offer to you

If you refuse two offers to move, you will be required to move to the third one offered

Even if you are not one hundred per cent happy with your room offer, you can accept it and request a room move to your preferred choice of room

Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by ssejica
Just found out I’m going to be in temporary shared accommodation in Lindsay 😬 can anyone tell me what is actually like?

It's fairly common at the start of term.

Thread closed for age.
Discussion continues here.
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest