I got 2 gcses. Should I go to sixth form or go to college?

Watch this thread
Olivia1281
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So basically I got 2 gcses. One in maths and one in tech and the rest were all 3's. I will have to retake english lang but I have been given a place in sixth form to do BTEC level 3 business and A level finance. But I am unsure whether or I should do that as the school just accepted me by the skin of my teeth. On the other hand I could go to college but I would instead be doing a BTEC level 2 in travel and tourism which I like just as much as business. Friends do factor in my decision as they are all mostly staying on at sixth form but I don't know whether maybe I should just start afresh and make new friends in college. This may sound stupid comparing a level 3 to a level 2 but considering I did badly in my GCSE's maybe I should start from the bottom. Any advice folks x
cybran
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I'd go to sixth form. Business and Finance are good subjects and great qualifications to have.
Gus_4
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Sixth form
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I’d recommend sixth form. Retake English language, work hard in your A-Level and BTEC. There’s no reason why you can’t do well if you use your GCSE’s to motivate you to work harder this year 😊
Siberiaan
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Sixth form option seems a lot better than 'travel and tourism'
samannejackson
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It's your decision but you could always drop the alevel if you chose school!
Also a sixth form will give you more support so might be the better option if you're struggling academically
Student1191
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Sixth form.
Toastedshoes12
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Making a thread and then not replying to any of the posts made sick
cloudy.skies
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi!

Looking at your options I would advise you to go to sixth form but it is your decision!

I study travel and Tourism and despite what many people say, you can do a lot with the course. It offers management, customer service and selling skills so many people leave and go off into all sorts of jobs!

As you would be going in on a level 2, you’d need to do an extra year to make it to level 3 - this is where the most important things are taught in depth.

Go for the subject you’re most passionate about! Also think of career prospects and what you want to do!

I think sixth form sounds a better fit academically, but if your heart is in travel and Tourism go for it!

If you have any questions let me know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (128)
67.37%
No (40)
21.05%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.58%

Watched Threads