The Student Room Group

Is it possible to self-study chemistry and biology?

I really don't feel like going to a school to complete my studies. Is it possible for me to complete Chemistry and Biology(AS) and still get an A?
If so any helpful resources I could make use of?
Reply 1
It is possible but I imagine it would be very hard. Doing it by yourself means that you will have to deal with lack of motivation and laziness on your part. If I were you I wouldn't take the risk but if you feel like you could endure it... go for it. Good luck!
Yeah probably do some research into home study courses
Reply 3
Original post by marcodc
It is possible but I imagine it would be very hard. Doing it by yourself means that you will have to deal with lack of motivation and laziness on your part. If I were you I wouldn't take the risk but if you feel like you could endure it... go for it. Good luck!

thanks for the advice
the main reason i am not willing to go to a school is because I will to look for a school and adjust there. I am just really bad at adjusting to new enviroments. Besides i think it will be stressful to go to a school than self-study
Original post by Sayf200
thanks for the advice
the main reason i am not willing to go to a school is because I will to look for a school and adjust there. I am just really bad at adjusting to new enviroments. Besides i think it will be stressful to go to a school than self-study

It will be difficult as you will have no ways of doing the practicals etc yourself at home, so you would need to find a way of doing them.
It will also be expensive
Reply 5
Original post by Bill Nye
It will be difficult as you will have no ways of doing the practicals etc yourself.
It will also be expensive

well for edexcel ial there are alternative to practicals
which is a written paper and I was told I could search up experiments online

Quick Reply