The Student Room Group

Is College or Sixth form better for my course?

I've always had medicine in mind.
This summer I didn't reach my predicted grades for my GCSEs and therefore wasn't allowed to take my chosen subjects (Biology, Chemisty and Maths) but instead been offered the subjects Health and Social Care Double and Single, A-level Psychology and A-level Sociology. I've looked into college but they do not offer A-level sciences only BTEC. Which is better?

Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by G.Janet
I've always had medicine in mind.
This summer I didn't reach my predicted grades for my GCSEs and therefore wasn't allowed to take my chosen subjects (Biology, Chemisty and Maths) but instead been offered the subjects Health and Social Care Double and Single, A-level Psychology and A-level Sociology. I've looked into college but they do not offer A-level sciences only BTEC. Which is better?

Thank you

Could you be clearer please?

If you are implicitly stating you want to study medicine the a levels you have been offered may not meet the requirement for pretty much most/all universities. (I’m not a professional, in the applications for medicine, so other people may know something more specific to your situation). However, chemistry a level/equivalent is normally regarded as ideal for medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest