The Student Room Group

English literature

For my coursework I'm thinking of doing poetry, who would be good to compare. Also, I am thinking of Simon Armitage, but who would I compare against him?
Reply 1
You're gonna have to be a bit more specific. What are the requirements of this coursework, what exam board, what themes are you hoping to do a comparison on?
Reply 2
Its edexcel exam board. So, I have to compare two pieces of literature, and it can be a play, novel or poem. Initially I was going to compare ‘The color purple’ with maybe pride and prejudice or I was even thinking The yellow wallpaper. But now I’m thinking of maybe doing poetry and I was thinking of Simon Armitage but I don’t know who. I was so idea, maybe Slyvia Plath, Carol Ann Duffy. I’m still thinking about it.
Think about what themes Armatige explores or the style of his poems, then choose another poet who looks at these themes differently.

For example, 1984 and Brave New World are both dystopias but very different, with points of similarity.
Reply 4
Im thinking Simon Armitage and Don Patterson? Any thoughts? Ideas? Anything would be a massive help.
Reply 5
Who would be a good comparison with Slyvia Plath?

Quick Reply