The Student Room Group

Economics degree or Economics & Finance? At the University of Bristol

Hello! So I have just done my A-Levels and will be starting university in September. I applied to study Economics and Finance BSc at the University of Bristol. But I am now not sure that this is what I want to study. The university has said I can switch courses.

I don't know what I want to be when I'm older so it doesn't really help; what I do know is that I want to study economics at university. Just not sure on the course...

The options are:
Economics BSc
Economics and Finance BSc
Economics and Management BSc

Out of these three, which course will be the "easiest"? I know none will be easy, but some must be harder than others, right?
They're all worth pretty much the same, so I want to do the easier course, to spare myself a bit' of stress.

Please let me know your opinions.

Thank you!
Reply 1
Hey, If you’re looking for the easiest course, BSc economics and management is certainly the easiest. You can still select some of the finance modules by selecting economics and management route as well. The single honours BSc economics is the most challenging one yet it’s the most respected among your options. By selecting any of the joint honours you can evade advanced micro and advanced macro. These two modules are the most challenging ones in economics in my opinion. Not to mention mathematical economics. If you happen to select the BSc economics and management you can still select one or two finance modules namely corporate finance, management accounting or financial management if you fancy those modules. All the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending