The Student Room Group

student finance incompetence

My university informed me at the start of last month that I needed to send off my Online Declaration form for the academic year 16/17 to Student Finance by the end of the month, otherwise I would be liable to pay my year course costs immediately.

I sent the form via recorded delivery, and then forgot about it. The deadline came and went, after which I got another email from uni saying that I still hadn't sent the form, and that I was now due to pay the £9000 cost unless Student Finance received the form in 7 days.

I contacted the uni who recommended contacting SF to find out what had happened, and said that they would move the deadline back by another week to give SF time to resolve the issue.

After a week of calling the SF helplines trying to find out why the form hadn't been scanned in yet I sent in another form, again via signed delivery. This second form also didn't get scanned in.

I must have called SF at least a dozen times since then, and each time when I've asked why my form hasn't been scanned in yet, they've been at a loss for words. They genuinely have no idea what to do, and even when I asked to speak to a supervisor she put me on hold and eventually hung up on me.

Even though I've given them my tracking numbers numerous times they admit that they must have received it, but have no idea why it hasn't been scanned it yet. They then promise to chase it up but it unsurprisingly never happens.

I can't even request an evidence retrieval as it isn't even on their systems as being received, even though I have proof that both forms were delivered to Student Finance via Royal Mail tracking numbers.

My Uni have put the deadline back again but I don't know how long they'll do this.

The last time I called Student Finance, they told me to just send another one. Why is nobody able to tell me why my forms haven't been acknowledged and what should I do?
Hi, is anyone from Student Finance able to help me?
@Gerard SFE any help please?
Hi, is anyone from Student Finance able to look at this? Thanks
Original post by justanothertsrer
My university informed me at the start of last month that I needed to send off my Online Declaration form for the academic year 16/17 to Student Finance by the end of the month, otherwise I would be liable to pay my year course costs immediately.

I sent the form via recorded delivery, and then forgot about it. The deadline came and went, after which I got another email from uni saying that I still hadn't sent the form, and that I was now due to pay the £9000 cost unless Student Finance received the form in 7 days.

I contacted the uni who recommended contacting SF to find out what had happened, and said that they would move the deadline back by another week to give SF time to resolve the issue.

After a week of calling the SF helplines trying to find out why the form hadn't been scanned in yet I sent in another form, again via signed delivery. This second form also didn't get scanned in.

I must have called SF at least a dozen times since then, and each time when I've asked why my form hasn't been scanned in yet, they've been at a loss for words. They genuinely have no idea what to do, and even when I asked to speak to a supervisor she put me on hold and eventually hung up on me.

Even though I've given them my tracking numbers numerous times they admit that they must have received it, but have no idea why it hasn't been scanned it yet. They then promise to chase it up but it unsurprisingly never happens.

I can't even request an evidence retrieval as it isn't even on their systems as being received, even though I have proof that both forms were delivered to Student Finance via Royal Mail tracking numbers.

My Uni have put the deadline back again but I don't know how long they'll do this.

The last time I called Student Finance, they told me to just send another one. Why is nobody able to tell me why my forms haven't been acknowledged and what should I do?

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. As we cannot access your details to see exactly why this has not been scanned onto your account, we advise if you can send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter between 9am - 5pm for us to be able to look into this privately for you.

Thanks Erin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending