General view of Uni of Exeter + the city? Watch

hillskid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thinking of applying to Exeter as one of my options for Business & Management. Any views about the Uni + city?
WobblyCat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Beautiful city and campus, very hilly though so if you're not a big fan of walking I wouldn't recommend. Loads of shopping and restaurants etc. in town and exmouth beach is great in the summer after the exams
Nightlife isn't great compared to other university cities like bristol and cardiff which have an amazing nightlife, but good enough for me (I like going out but not every night), lots of pubs in town and a few on campus, 3/4 GOOD nightclubs and a few more not so good (many are good only on certain nights, like my hometown they have promo nights for different clubs).
Lafrowda accomodation is the biggest on campus so the most social/lively but there are lots of options in terms of catered/self-catered and ensuite/studio/shared bathrooms etc., and when you apply for halls and stuff they ask you to specify what your hobbies are roughly and whether you're ok with drinking/loud people or not. I'm not sporty but there's a lot of sport societies and a few gyms. So basically if you're looking for a party uni this is not for you but for me its a good mix
In terms of the not so good element, there were rumours etc. about it being a 'racist' uni but that's basically because there was a group chat with some students in it that made some inappropriate comments, so not really a uni problem but a few isolated people (some of which were kicked out I think) and I personally have never seen any examples of it (but tbf I'm white so its less likely I would see it). There are posh kids here but most of them are in catered halls and I've never really met snobby people, I'm from a state school and not very well off and I've never felt excluded or anything.
Any more specific questions about certain elements of exeter feel free to ask
hillskid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by WobblyCat)
Beautiful city and campus, very hilly though so if you're not a big fan of walking I wouldn't recommend. Loads of shopping and restaurants etc. in town and exmouth beach is great in the summer after the exams
Nightlife isn't great compared to other university cities like bristol and cardiff which have an amazing nightlife, but good enough for me (I like going out but not every night), lots of pubs in town and a few on campus, 3/4 GOOD nightclubs and a few more not so good (many are good only on certain nights, like my hometown they have promo nights for different clubs).
Lafrowda accomodation is the biggest on campus so the most social/lively but there are lots of options in terms of catered/self-catered and ensuite/studio/shared bathrooms etc., and when you apply for halls and stuff they ask you to specify what your hobbies are roughly and whether you're ok with drinking/loud people or not. I'm not sporty but there's a lot of sport societies and a few gyms. So basically if you're looking for a party uni this is not for you but for me its a good mix
In terms of the not so good element, there were rumours etc. about it being a 'racist' uni but that's basically because there was a group chat with some students in it that made some inappropriate comments, so not really a uni problem but a few isolated people (some of which were kicked out I think) and I personally have never seen any examples of it (but tbf I'm white so its less likely I would see it). There are posh kids here but most of them are in catered halls and I've never really met snobby people, I'm from a state school and not very well off and I've never felt excluded or anything.
Any more specific questions about certain elements of exeter feel free to ask
Thank you for taking the time to write this. I really appreciate it. Sounds like a good uni!
WobblyCat
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No worries
Yeah I love it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Exeter Campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (8)
6.96%
They might tell the bully (15)
13.04%
I don't think they'd understand (19)
16.52%
It might lead to more bullying (41)
35.65%
There's nothing they could do (32)
27.83%

Watched Threads

Latest