The Student Room Group

ASDA workers..help please??

I've worked at asda for 2 years now on nightshift.
Basically I've been working EVERY Saturday and Sunday & Monday nights for a year straight and no-one will ever swap with me to get the weekends off. Then the holidays i request has ALWAYS been cancelled last minute.
I sent in a letter over a month ago explaining I needed a weekday contract as I rely on my parents for lifts to work (I live an hour from my store and there's limited public transport on the weekend especially at 6am!)

My mum also works in asda and she's recently been contracted to every Saturday and Sunday full days and she's my lift to and from work! meaning in one weekend she drives 300 miles for both of us to do our shifts.
(On the weekdays I can get the train and the bus to and from work no problem!)
I've tried explaining i need to change my shifts and I'm just ignored. They brought two colleagues off dayshift and gave them week night contracts too.
What else can I do if my manager and team leader continually ignores me??
Sorry this is long but I don't know what else to do??
I took this job when I could drive but I can't drive anymore and I've tried to get transferred to a different store but they literally ignored my letter and never responded. Then when I try to contact them they don't answer the phones or reply! 😑😑 Any ideas what i can do now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending