The Student Room Group

A levels mathematics

Hey guys,

how are you guys doing?

I want to do Mathematics, further mathematics, physics and economics at A levels. How long would it take me to do mathematics and further mathematics? I am ready to study for 13 hours a day. I need one A star and 2 As. How long would it take me to does both mathematics and further mathematics, and achieve an A star? Thanks very much.
Original post by saboor 123
Hey guys,

how are you guys doing?

I want to do Mathematics, further mathematics, physics and economics at A levels. How long would it take me to do mathematics and further mathematics? I am ready to study for 13 hours a day. I need one A star and 2 As. How long would it take me to does both mathematics and further mathematics, and achieve an A star? Thanks very much.

Firstly, 13 hours a day doesn’t sound healthy and research has shown people stop seeing the benefits after about 8 hours anyway.
Secondly it really depends how good at maths you are. Keep on top of everything and test yourself occasionally and you should have a good idea of what you’re doing is enough.
For my a levels for example I only did about an hour a day for maths, and the same for physics and biology but a lot more for chemistry as I found it much harder.
Original post by Nicole14510
Firstly, 13 hours a day doesn’t sound healthy and research has shown people stop seeing the benefits after about 8 hours anyway.
Secondly it really depends how good at maths you are. Keep on top of everything and test yourself occasionally and you should have a good idea of what you’re doing is enough.
For my a levels for example I only did about an hour a day for maths, and the same for physics and biology but a lot more for chemistry as I found it much harder.

Completely agree with this, it isn't about the amount of time you put in, but about the quality of work you put in. You can easily spend 10 hours studying, but at the end, will you really have spent that time wisely? You may have just spent that 10 hours reading one paragraph, and instantly forgotten it 10 minutes later. Also, with subjects like Maths, you need to spend your time going over exam questions, these are the most important, but also, don't neglect topics, because this could hurt you in the long run.

Quick Reply

Latest