The Student Room Group

Igcse vs gcse

Is Maths IGCSE harder than GCSE?
Nope math IGCSE is waaaayyyy easier
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Esra Ozkaya
Is Maths IGCSE harder than GCSE?

I personally do IGCSE, and it is slightly harder than Maths GCSE in my opinion. I attempted doing both of them and I found the IGCSE one harder because of the elevated grade boundaries. Some people may have different opinions, but this is mine anyways! Hope this helped.
IGCSE's are way higher statistically speaking. This is because you are competing against international students (Chinese, Indian etc) AND against Britians top "private school children" who neccessarily don't want to do bad since they are paying so much money.

As a result, content has to be suited for foreign students as well who may in all respects "require more challenging" material.

Having done both IGCSE's and GCSE's I can safely say IGCSE content goes into further depth in contrast to the new GCSE's and was "easier" to get higher grades.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
The general consensus is that they are around a similar level of difficulty (some will say IGCSEs and harder and vice versa). I do believe that they are both recognised in a similar vein, and neither of them provides an advantage when applying to a university or sixth form.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest