The Student Room Group

UKCAT score okay to apply?

I’ve just got 2710, 677.5 average in my UKCAT. I was wondering if this is enough to make it worth it applying? Will it potentially let me get an interview?

A-Levels (achieved) AAAa
GCCSE’s 4A*, 4A, 1B
yeah of course! apply smart and choose a safety-school where the ukcat cutoff score is lower than yours but you most definitely have a shot! im starting in two weeks and had 645 average last year. so dont worry :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by annacorriero
yeah of course! apply smart and choose a safety-school where the ukcat cutoff score is lower than yours but you most definitely have a shot! im starting in two weeks and had 645 average last year. so dont worry :smile:

Thank you for your reply! In your experience is the UKCAT only used to decide on who gets an interview? Or do they use it later on too? :smile:
its just used to shortlist people for interview. after that, its only your interview performance that counts, as well as you achiving the required grades.
Original post by Kara_h
Thank you for your reply! In your experience is the UKCAT only used to decide on who gets an interview? Or do they use it later on too? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Kara_h
I’ve just got 2710, 677.5 average in my UKCAT. I was wondering if this is enough to make it worth it applying? Will it potentially let me get an interview?

A-Levels (achieved) AAAa
GCCSE’s 4A*, 4A, 1B

My cut and paste on UKCAT only Med Schools

So, for the Uni's that use UKCAT as the primary ranking tool:

Sheffield - 672 last year

Manchester - interview top third of UKCAT nationally so 3rd decile fits that be ok (667 last year)

Bristol - using UKCAT only for first time this year. They say that if they had done that last year the cut off would have been 665. Of course the profile of applicants could be different this year, particularly as they have changed their criteria

Newcastle - according to their website it was 645 last year, but 667 the year before

Southampton - historically on their open days they mention 640, but I couldn't find anybody on TSR last year with an interview below 667

Glasgow - 663 last year

Plymouth - last year 600, indicating 583 on their website for 2019 entry

St Georges - between 630-650 last 3 years

Exeter - 667 last year if you also had A*A*A* predictions at A level

Of course, plenty of others who use UKCAT in conjunction with GCSEs and/or PS.

Hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending