The Student Room Group

Scammed?!?

Hello

So I ordered some pc components through this guy on snapchat who claimed he could get them for half price, as his user indicates sc: HALFPRICEONLINE, after I sent him the money through bank transfer I asked him for some screenshot of the purchase however it says that I've failed to add him or It can't find him, I guess I've been blocked. I realise I've been very naive however is there any way to get my money back. The account he requested for the money to be sent to Screenshot_20180829-183617-compressed.png.jpeg

Thank you for help
Original post by sayko123
Hello

So I ordered some pc components through this guy on snapchat who claimed he could get them for half price, as his user indicates sc: HALFPRICEONLINE, after I sent him the money through bank transfer I asked him for some screenshot of the purchase however it says that I've failed to add him or It can't find him, I guess I've been blocked. I realise I've been very naive however is there any way to get my money back. The account he requested for the money to be sent to Screenshot_20180829-183617-compressed.png.jpeg

Thank you for help

Nope.

Highly unlikely there will be any recourse if you paid it directly via BACS. You should probably contact ActionFraud/Police and report this, but I doubt you'll get your money back.
Original post by sayko123
I ordered some components through this guy on snapchat

That's about all I needed to read to know that you definitely got scammed.
lmfao just about to say that :nah:
there is literally nothing that will be done. Just don't do this again. Don't be cheap, be thrifty; go to eBay and AMAZON, loads of half off stuff there and LEGIT. They also have auctions meaning if no one claims by the ending time it can go for 1 QUID if that's your bid! My whole house and wardrobe is literally amazon and shopping offline from legit sources :biggrin:
Reply 5
My cousin did the same thing, he got blocked but few days later he received his product brand new.
Chargeback?
Reply 7
Original post by random_matt
Chargeback?

What do you mean?
@Lady*Stardust this is relating the post i reported a few days a go. Could that member be banned now?
Your so stupid. Who pays for things through Snapchat? omf
Well I'm not in a English exam, so didn't know I had to type correctly. LMAO shut.up
Original post by emmaxxx333
Well I'm not in a English exam, so didn't know I had to type correctly. LMAO shut.up

You don't have to type correctly all the time, but you do when you're attempting to insult somebody else's intelligence. For example if I was to say "telling somebody on the internet to shut up is a really idiotic thing to do", but i misspelled "idiotic", then I would look pretty foolish!
Reply 13
XDXD thank you guys, that made me forget about the scam thing
Theres so many people doing this scam on snapchat.
But mainly for clothing

If ever in doubt use paypal only, so you can charge back
(edited 5 years ago)
If it's too good to be true...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending