A*my
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I got an A in maths AQA a level. Some courses require an A*. I might take a gap year an resit. Will unis accept this, if I get the A* on a resit?

Also, will there definitely be the possibility to resit the old A level maths AQA spec this year, even though the exam has changed?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by A*my)
I got an A in maths AQA a level. Some courses require an A*. I might take a gap year an resit. Will unis accept this, if I get the A* on a resit?

Also, will there definitely be the possibility to resit the old A level maths AQA spec this year, even though the exam has changed?
For most courses at most universities a resit would be OK, it depends on what you want to apply for and where. The only way to be sure is to contact admissions at the universities/departments you are interested in and ask them how they would view your situation.

It is definitely possible to resit any unit of maths A level in summer 2019, you just need to find an exam centre willing to accept you as a private candidate. Your current school may or may not offer them but would be the best place to try first.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (504)
33.67%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (621)
41.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (304)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise