graduate entry medicine UCAS application Watch

rocketp95
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I have re sat some of my A levels this year and I want to know whether you have to declare the previous results in the UCAS application since this is for graduate entry medicine. Also, do we have to include GCSEs because the university does not mention the requirements for the GCSEs.
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by rocketp95)
I have re sat some of my A levels this year and I want to know whether you have to declare the previous results in the UCAS application since this is for graduate entry medicine. Also, do we have to include GCSEs because the university does not mention the requirements for the GCSEs.
I believe you need to put everything down. I know this scenario is unlikely to happen to you as a graduate but imagine you were applying somewhere that wanted you to complete you're A-levels in one sitting. If you just put your new A-levels down and not your old ones too (to accidentally or purposefully hide the fact you didnt do them in one sitting), that would be fraud. So yes, everything goes down.
rocketp95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Volibear)
I believe you need to put everything down. I know this scenario is unlikely to happen to you as a graduate but imagine you were applying somewhere that wanted you to complete you're A-levels in one sitting. If you just put your new A-levels down and not your old ones too (to accidentally or purposefully hide the fact you didnt do them in one sitting), that would be fraud. So yes, everything goes down.
Thank you for the information, much appreciated
rocketp95
Rep:
?
Hi
The resit exam I did was the new spec (2015) spec whereas the previous sitting was from a different spec (2008). Therefore does it counts as a re sit?
Royal Oak
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi
The resit exam I did was the new spec (2015) spec whereas the previous sitting was from a different spec (2008). Therefore does it counts as a re sit?
Doonesbury I assume it does? (and that you're the right person to tag)
Doones
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi

I'd say it's still a resit - it's the same subject. Eitherway they all need to be declared for sure.

I'll tag ecolier to the party
rocketp95
Rep:
?
there were topics that i never learnt about in the new spec
Royal Oak
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
there were topics that i never learnt about in the new spec
It doesn't really matter. It's still a legal qualification.
ecolier
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)
I'd say it's still a resit - it's the same subject. Eitherway they all need to be declared for sure.

I'll tag ecolier to the party
:ta:

You will most likely need to declare it as @Doonesbury has said. However I believe that for GEM the A-Level weighting is less and hence it is less important. Some Unis disregard A-Level results at all, basing it on your degree classification (and other things like UKCAT / GAMSAT etc.).

I would always declare it on the safe side anyway, even if it is not required. Because it can come back and bite you in the future if you didn't, and you don't want to fall on the first hurdle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (410)
30.35%
The paper was reasonable (535)
39.6%
Not feeling great about that exam... (230)
17.02%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
13.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed