Ideas for dissertation for Forensic Psychology MSc

Watch
Little_Miss87
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am really struggling to come up with an idea for what to do as my dissertation for my masters. I’ve thought of the obvious choices such as eyewitness testimony and misidentification of suspects but just cannot think of what would be my rationale for them. I would like to do something interesting but most importantly, realistic to carry out the study myself . Any ideas on where to start etc would be greatly appreciated :-)
hubub3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I did rape myth acceptance. Really interesting and wasn’t too hard. Collecting data was pretty easy too as i only used questionnaires.
Little_Miss87
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
That’s a good idea. Was there any ethical issues with that though? It’s just thinking of a rationale for it for me. I can research it though :-)
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can you mould it around free will vs determinism? As in are the crimes a case of free will or determined by their dispositions, biology or situational (any external variable). Plenty of cases are murky in this area, although no idea if you would find it interesting.
Findlay6
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Something on cultural differences towards moral development. Eg Bulger case in the UK lead to imprisonment but a similar case in Norway led to rehabilitation and no sentence.

or the impact of biology reducing sentence duration (MAOA gene)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.85%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (22)
16.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (23)
17.69%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (17)
13.08%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
30%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
18.46%

Watched Threads