kathy.a
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello!

I have an offer for one of the rooms on-campus but it's my last choice and it's not an ensuite (I know there usually won't be a queue, I just really don't feel comfortable sharing toilets/bathrooms). So I've been looking for off-campus accommodation and found parham and canterbury student village. Any advice from students from uni of kent staying there?

Thank you!
Historian1789
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I stayed in Canterbury Student Village for a month this summer and it was horrible. Avoid them at all costs! Dirty rooms with broken wardrobes and shelves, mold in bathroom, shower was not closing, damaged flooring and bad fire safety (the building itself is highly flammable). It was also too hot in the room in July, hotter than outdoors, so I imagine it will be too cold in winter.
tamat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello, I think you got the same accom offer as me. I just reserve the studio room at parham student village. I have already video call to viewing the room. I think it good enough. You can contact them and make viewing online.
kathy.a
Rep:
?
(Original post by Historian1789)
I stayed in Canterbury Student Village for a month this summer and it was horrible. Avoid them at all costs! Dirty rooms with broken wardrobes and shelves, mold in bathroom, shower was not closing, damaged flooring and bad fire safety (the building itself is highly flammable). It was also too hot in the room in July, hotter than outdoors, so I imagine it will be too cold in winter.
oh no, that sounds horrible. I was JUST ABOUT to take a room there. thank you so much for letting me know!! I actually read a review somewhere saying their water heater goes off for the whole month during winter and I asked my agent about it but he/she said they've never had issues like this
kathy.a
Rep:
?
(Original post by tamat)
Hello, I think you got the same accom offer as me. I just reserve the studio room at parham student village. I have already video call to viewing the room. I think it good enough. You can contact them and make viewing online.
ah, mine's just a room instead of a studio. did you manage to get any pictures of the room? I asked my agent for a more recent picture but didn't get any. the ones they put online look really luxurious but I doubt it will be anything like that in real life :laugh:
Historian1789
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kathy.a)
oh no, that sounds horrible. I was JUST ABOUT to take a room there. thank you so much for letting me know!! I actually read a review somewhere saying their water heater goes off for the whole month during winter and I asked my agent about it but he/she said they've never had issues like this
When I tried to contact accommodation prior to signing the contract they were always unable to host a viewing in person and through Skype. And from what I heard from other students, they always try to assure potential customers that all bad reviews they got on internet are extremely rare and such conditions are unlikely to happen. But, honestly, reality is even worse than what you can read in Google reviews.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (105)
66.04%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (21)
13.21%

Watched Threads