A-levels subjects for Internacional Relations.

Watch this thread
ameliacousseau
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I just finished my GCSEs and I picked History, Sociology and a Modern Language for A-levels.
Considering I want to follow a career in International Relations, did I make the right choices?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ameliacousseau)
I just finished my GCSEs and I picked History, Sociology and a Modern Language for A-levels.
Considering I want to follow a career in International Relations, did I make the right choices?
they're definitely the right subjects to choose. but if you want to aim for the top IR courses (St Andrews and LSE) you might want to choose a more traditional subject than sociology, such as Geography but which of course will be harder
hillskid
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yup! They seem fine! Just as long as you can link it to the course. For example, I take geog, psychology and politics but I’m applying to study business at uni. In my personal statement, I wrote how my current subjects link with business. E.g: psychology - links with consumer behaviour/marketing side of business + you do quantitative methods/stats, politics - political decisions affect businesses and the economy, and the globalisation bit of human geog links nicely with business. Hope this makes sense?!
hillskid
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
History - you look at past conflicts and how they shape out world.
Sociology - how people behave closely links with IR.
Modern Lang - key communications skill needed in a IR job.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (144)
29.33%
It went fairly well (233)
47.45%
It didn't go too well (73)
14.87%
TERRIBLE! (41)
8.35%

Watched Threads