The Student Room Group

2 A Levels and a btec in 1 year or 3 A levels AS in 1 year

HELP! I'm in a sticky situation. Only 4 people passed in humanites including myself. I got an A in sociology, B in psychology and a U in English lang and lit. They are planning to transfer us to another college where they are giving me no option but to continue English lang and lit but with a DIFFERENT SPEC so I have to learn both AS and A2 content aswell as complete coursework in one year aswell as my personal statement by October 15th. I have another option of studying Applied science in 1 year and I was thinking of doing it as a single or dual Btec (?) aswell as my 2 A levels. I would have to study sociology privately however. I really don't think I'd be able to do well in English but I don't know if the btec would be any easier since I would need to get atleast a distinction. However the btec would better prepare me for university since I want to go into a foundation year for medicine. I don't have many options in terms of that anyway would a btec narrow my chances even more? And how does applying for ucas work with a private a level that i would have to take elsewhere?UGHHHH
Original post by letpretend17
HELP! I'm in a sticky situation. Only 4 people passed in humanites including myself. I got an A in sociology, B in psychology and a U in English lang and lit. They are planning to transfer us to another college where they are giving me no option but to continue English lang and lit but with a DIFFERENT SPEC so I have to learn both AS and A2 content aswell as complete coursework in one year aswell as my personal statement by October 15th. I have another option of studying Applied science in 1 year and I was thinking of doing it as a single or dual Btec (?) aswell as my 2 A levels. I would have to study sociology privately however. I really don't think I'd be able to do well in English but I don't know if the btec would be any easier since I would need to get atleast a distinction. However the btec would better prepare me for university since I want to go into a foundation year for medicine. I don't have many options in terms of that anyway would a btec narrow my chances even more? And how does applying for ucas work with a private a level that i would have to take elsewhere?UGHHHH

All sounds a bit impossible/ unlikely to me. Too much work imo.

You should also check on the foundation courses whether you meet the entry requirements which can often be contextual. Are your results for AS or A2? I actually found it all a bit confusing.

Quick Reply

Latest