The Student Room Group

I feel so lonely. No friends and I’m becoming depressed.

Around 4 months ago I moved about 40 minutes away from my home town where my family are to buy a house with my boyfriend (FYI I moved to his home town where all his family and friends are because he didn’t want to move to where I lived and I was ok with that)... since then my cousin has had a baby with his girlfriend of less than a year and I am very close to my grandparents (they are like my second parents) and ever since he’s beeen born I feel totally abandoned. My cousin got banned from driving for DUI and now all they do is run him around, take him shopping, look after the baby whenever he’s working or wants to see his friends (same for the baby’s mum). I often go to see them or try to arrange things with my grandma, but most of the time she’s with my Granddad running around after my cousin (who never does anything for her, just asks her for favours all the time) and it’s really getting me down. I have no friends that I speak to who I can just call and talk about this. My boyfriend understands and sympathies with me and agrees that it is no ok, but he’s fine because he has his family and friends on his doorstep. My mum has even told my grandma how I’m feeling and she’s very aware of it, but nothing has changed. It hurts so much that I’m being treated this way and I feel so alone. My grandparents brought her sister over (she lives in Australia) to my house to visit today and we went out for tea and during this my cousins girlfriend called asking if they will look after the baby while she goes to work and my grandma said “yes that’s fine” and they cut their stay very short, and she could tell I was upset as I went very quiet; but they still left anyway. It’s getting me down so much, constantly drivin 45 minutes away if I want to see my family. What do I do?
(edited 5 years ago)
You have your own life to prioritise if they are not ready for the responsibility that comes with having a child then they should not have done so.

I persume you are an adult? Learn to say no to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending