The Student Room Group

Living at home for uni - worse experience?

Basically I live in London and I’m going By to a uni in London so I don’t see the point in moving out or living in halls.
In your experience has this made the uni experience worse and do you know anyone who has commuted (but not by a far distance)
://
I commuted to uni, some days took as many as five trains to get back home :wink: didn't affect me much because I'm not a partygoer or interested in societies. I just focused on my studies. That did make it difficult for me to find employment, but eventually I got one
Original post by s.mo
Basically I live in London and I’m going By to a uni in London so I don’t see the point in moving out or living in halls.
In your experience has this made the uni experience worse and do you know anyone who has commuted (but not by a far distance)
://

Lots of people commute to uni in London, so you won't be the only one on your course. If you find that you do want to move out, you can always do so next year.

However living at home saves you so much money, it is likely to be a really smart decision.

Socially I do think you have to make a bit more effort when you are living at home, but as long as you make an effort and get involved, you will make some friends and have a good time :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending