The Student Room Group

Im so upset

Basically me and my older sister had an argument with my mum on Monday. We apologised to her on Tuesday ( even though we did nothing wrong ) and she was being so rude! During our apology she was just texting on her phone and shouting at us. We apologised and tried to work it out but it’s like she doesn’t want to. It’s now Thursday and she’s still ignoring us! I’m 16 and I’m v close with my mum so I’m finding it really hard to deal with her ignoring me. I’ve tried talking to her so many times and she just ignores me.

The thing that hurts the most about all of this is the fact that if her and my older brother have an argument and he apologises she forgives him straight away! Me and my sister have always known that she loves him more but it’s so harsh to blatantly show it to the rest of your kids.

I’m so hurt and I just can’t stop crying. Any advice?

Thanks 😭
Hi!

My mum and I always fall out, and sometimes she just needs her space after (even if the argument was nothing) mums are constantly on the go and sometimes they’re close to breaking point with us kids, so give her, her space. How old is your mum? Not to be rude but maybe she’s going through the change (my mum is and it makes her nuts) so her hormones might be going crazy and she can’t control them. Don’t stop being nice and just make sure she’s ok?

P.S I’m sure she doesn’t love your brother more, the bond with mother and son is so different to mother and daughter!
Original post by Anonymous
Basically me and my older sister had an argument with my mum on Monday. We apologised to her on Tuesday ( even though we did nothing wrong ) and she was being so rude! During our apology she was just texting on her phone and shouting at us. We apologised and tried to work it out but it’s like she doesn’t want to. It’s now Thursday and she’s still ignoring us! I’m 16 and I’m v close with my mum so I’m finding it really hard to deal with her ignoring me. I’ve tried talking to her so many times and she just ignores me.

The thing that hurts the most about all of this is the fact that if her and my older brother have an argument and he apologises she forgives him straight away! Me and my sister have always known that she loves him more but it’s so harsh to blatantly show it to the rest of your kids.

I’m so hurt and I just can’t stop crying. Any advice?

Thanks 😭

Youve apologised. You dont need to do any more. Stop repeating it as she is milking it. Get on with other things.
Maybe you really hurt her.
To deal with people like that, you have to stop caring. Ignore her the same way she ignores you until she puts her baby shoes away and approach you in a grown manner

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending